1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Premier of Amazing Race 17

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by tsmacro, Sep 27, 2010.

1. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    So IMO this was possibly one of the best premiers of the AR ever. There was at least three challenging things on day 1. The first being driving a stick shift in a car where everything is on the opposite side you'd be used to, including the traffic being on the "wrong" side of the road, I can drive a stick but I think that would throw me for a bit of loop. Ok the climbing the ladder while being doused no biggie there, unless you don't know what a flag on a battlement looks like once you get to the top :lol:. But those boats were tricky and the whole whole watermelon slinging challenge was no cupcake either, obviously worse for some than others. I even have a team to root for, my brother-in-law does work for the husband of the woman who's running with her daughter that she gave up for adoption (Andie & Jenna). Of course last nights effort doesn't give me confidence they'll be around long, but hey ya never know.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It was also the debut of probably the stupidest team ever on AR. Never heard of Stonehenge? Thought London was a country? The Battlement fiasco? I'm sure there were others too.

3. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Without a doubt. WOW!

And what is the deal with getting lost, knowing your lost and you keep driving what turned out to be the wrong way? If you think you are lost, stop, find out where you are and regroup. Don't drive another 30 minutes or longer the wrong way.:nono2:

4. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Oh, come one, they arent't that dumb - he at least thought to ask all the "battlemen" about a flag. :D :lol:

I love how they said that they knew everyone would stereotype them because of the tatoos and then exceeded what anyone would have ever thought. :)

Also, speaking of stereotypes, Notre Douche guy did great keeping that one up.

5. donbean

donbean AllStar

Mar 13, 2010
    worst timeslot ever... allways pushed back by football so hard to follow it dvr style....

6. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I can't feel my face, I can't feel my face.

Thankfully she was ok, but holy cow that's gonna leave a mark.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yeah, I can see losing a few teeth or getting a broken nose on that one.

Though I wonder if that was editing, her partner telling her to put it "right in the kisser" of the dummy, then getting it in her own.

I just wish they'd go HD.

8. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Yeah it's pretty unbelievable they won't pony up the cash to film it in HD, I can understand some of the in cars or on person cams being SD, but for all the scenery and landscapes they visit it's inexcusable. (by me anywho)