1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season Record recording visiting team channel every time!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DrummerBoy523, Jul 15, 2017.

1. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Post title says it all. Have season record set up for my MLB team yet it records visiting team channel every time!!!

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    On your Genie?

Rich

3. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Yes

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Does it not also record on your home team channel? Where are you located and what model receiver?

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Mmm. I use the team function to record all the games for the Yankees, Giants and Jets. I do get recordings on my 44 for every channel a games recorded on. That's annoying but it's easy to delete the odd showings. I don't miss any games.

Rich

6. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    We record Giants. When they were playing Padres, my DVR recorded the Pads channel, not the SFGiants channel.

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    It’s channel numbers. It’ll record lowest channel number and if you have extra innings the lowest channel is the away team most the time it seems for your market.

SamC likes this.
  8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Mine seems to understand the Yankees games, but it will occasionally record the game on every channel the game is being broadcast on. So, I get the same game on ESPN, FS1, Fox or any other channel when all I really want is PIX or YES. I know there are times when FS1 is the only carrier. I've never had a recording of another team, that would bother me.

Rich

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    So, how does my 44 record every channel that the game is on? Doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Rich

10. schmave1

schmave1 Member

May 20, 2016
    Reynoldsburg...
    I have avoided the season record option for exactly this reason. As a Cubs fan, I know the majority of my team's games will be on 665 (CSN Chicago), but also various channels in the EI tier when the Cubs are broadcast on WGN local or WLS. For the Giants and Yankees, you pretty much can bank on the vast majority of games being on 696 and 631, respectively, with the obvious handful of exceptions. I usually go through the guide and just record on the channel. I already know I'm going to have to hunt down the Cubs if they aren't on CSN, so while I do that and if I plan to record the game, that's how I do it.

11. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    In my experience, it is the channel numbers, the system will record the lowest number. Since the numbering system runs NE to SW, the further west you are the less you are going to get the home feed recorded.

I just don't bother with it. I know the schedule and the guide populates two weeks out, so I just record my home channel every day.

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I do that on my 24s, what I like about the 44's recording option is: I never have to change any settings. I'm lazy...I do back all games on two other DVRs. After what I went thru the first few years with the DVRs...I just don't trust them.

Rich

13. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Not positive but if there is anything slightly different in the guide data for them then it will record both. Could be a byproduct of the Lakers channel conundrum they had. They had to tweak it so it would record both English and Spanish channels because otherwise it only recorded the Spanish channel when they where first testing that.

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Spanish channels, I get them too...occasionally. And I almost always get YES along with the others. Not a big deal, I back up to 24s for each game.

Rich

15. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    It never recorded by channel number until this latest NR. Incredibly annoying.

16. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Set up a Boolean search, those work much better for your favorite sports teams.

Boolean searches

17. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    Awh, yes it did. It has since day one. If yours was not then either somethgin has changed or yours was glitching in a good way.

18. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Totally disagree. It has always recorded based on the team set up in the "My Teams" record.

A "CLEARMYBOX" along with deleting all my teams and I have set everything up again and now it is recording on the correct channel again. So, I highly doubt it is recording based on first channel it finds.

Rich likes this.
  19. DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523 Godfather

Jan 9, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Boolean searches don't work on my HR44

20. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    You would be mistaken. that is the way it has worked since I began testing it before it was pushed to national firmware. There are many people on here that complain it always records the away teams when they have extra innings and the like. Therefore they use Boolean to fix the issue and always get their local broadcast crew.

It’s also why game search is so important. Game search’s is how it changes from the lowest channel number carrying the game to one that is carrying the game that you get if you do not have extra innings or the like.

Here’s a simple example, I record all Angeles games. They are on 692-693 but almost all the away teams have channels before that. I constantly have 0 or 1 min recordings of the away team, and then the full recording of the Angeles broadcast, because the unit did a game search and changed to a channel I get, since I don’t have extra innings.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017 at 3:29 AM