See the Flip-Flopping at www.KerryonIraq.com

Discussion in 'The OT' started by BuckeyeChris, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 5, 2004 #1 of 16
    BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    I urge you to watch the video clip at http://www.kerryoniraq.com (click on the Windows Media link under “Watch Now”). In Kerry’s own words following a chronology of statements he made since 9/11 to present, this video shows his flip-flopping through interviews he made on television.

2. Aug 5, 2004 #2 of 16
    HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Blah blah blah... more out-of-context crap from the sh*t-slinging monkeys at the RNC.

3. Aug 5, 2004 #3 of 16
    thevoice

thevoice AllStar

Sep 24, 2002

So you think it wrong that someone actually believed and supported the president's words and then when he found out how much of it was a lie, he changed opinions? If you had a dollar for everytime GW has done something similar to the above (In office @ that), our country wouldn't be in debt - then again, with GW in there, I don't know how long that would last.

Come on, the average person really doesn't care about this and those who actually judge politicians based on this, should probably study the foundation of politics a little more.

4. Aug 5, 2004 #4 of 16
    BuckeyeChris

Apr 20, 2004
    Exactly the asinine, crass and unintelligent comment I would expect from you HGL, true to form.

I think the video is set well against the context of the chronology of events right after September 11 until the present. The comments he made fully in support of taking the fight to the terrorists and Sadamm, e.g., the interview where he is talking beside Senator McCain, were hawkish. And as Kerry his self said in response to George Will in an interview, his thinking was ahead of his own party.

Many of the video snips included were 30 seconds to a minute or more of him talking, taken from television political programs. The entire video is eight or nine minutes long. How much more of him making inconsistent statements do you need to hear? Do you even care if he lies about his record, just so long as he support your causes?

How do you square all of those comments he made in favor of going to war in Iraq with his anti-war comments he makes today? He is a political opportunist who jumped on the Dean anti-war bandwagon of the Democrats. When it was politically savvy to be an anti-war candidate, that's what he became.

5. Aug 5, 2004 #5 of 16
    BuckeyeChris

Apr 20, 2004
    The President didn't lie. The intelligence was wrong. Beside, how can you be 100% confident that if Saddam were able to bury thousands of his countrymen in mass graves without the world knowing it for so long, in a country so huge, that there aren't WMDs he buried somewhere in Iraq?

As for Kerry changing his opinion, his motives are questionable. If he weren't running for President, he wouldn't have changed his tune. His flip-flop is nothing but politics and trying to seize on the majority issues that unites Democrats: anti-war and hating Bush. Ridding the world of Saddam and the tyranny he wrought over his people was a good thing. Sanctions and letting U.N. inspectors play hide 'n seek with Saddam for ad infinitum were pointless. Should we have waited for him to have attacked us before we went to war? We learned a valuable lesson from September 11 that you have to take the fight to them, hit them before they hit you. Bring the war to their soil, not ours.

Unlike you, I have faith in the average person, and I believe they want a president to have principles that are unshaken. They want a President who has a clear and consistent vision for America. We are at war, and we need a war President, not some flip-flopper who will invite terrorism with his policies.

6. Aug 5, 2004 #6 of 16
    HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    My original comment stands. It is nothing but out-of-context sh*t slinging. That you believe it only confirms your own ignorance.

7. Aug 5, 2004 #7 of 16
    mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    Did you hear his speech at the dnc? He will only go after terrorist after we are attacked? WHAT?

8. Aug 5, 2004 #8 of 16
    HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    That's not what he said. Again, you're only showing your own selective reasoning.

9. Aug 5, 2004 #9 of 16
    mainedish

mainedish Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2003
    He did say that. He said he will not go after them before an attack. He said he needs a reason.
    :nono2:

10. goughl

goughl Legend

Jul 18, 2003
    Buckeye, what can I say other than you are 100% right, I agree
    whole heartedly. There are a couple on this board that are mule headed and have blinders on. We are at war, the Dems did not start it nor the Reps.
    People need to wake up and realize we are in dangerous times and need some one in office that will stand up to terrorist. Had France, Germany and Russia not been on the take with the oil for food money this war would not be necessary, and a little guts from the UN.

11. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    No, he didn't lie, but he has consistently flip flopped on a number of issues. I can understand many of them, since the situation has changed since 4 years ago. In the same way I understand that Kerry has changed his stand due to changing circumstances.

12. SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004

Ahhh, no factual response to make, so lets curse and blame it all on the GOP. They staged it, it's a phoney! They put a tree in place of John Kerry!

13. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Sh*t doesn't deserve the time to debate every single turd. The "flip-flopping" claims are bogus and based on out-of-context examples, some of them based on votes that Bush and Cheney both supported. I prefer to flush such crap rather that stir it up even more.

14. pmichael

pmichael Legend

Mar 25, 2002
    If a politician ever changes his views, does that qualify him as a flip flopper? Bush is every bit the flip flopper Kerry is, so this is a meaningless and irrelevant charge.

Of course the Bush campaign resorts to this nonsense, because Bush has an abysmal record with next to no noteworthy accomplishments.

If the criteria to select a President boils down to whether Americans are better off than they were four years ago, Bush is toast. The economy is stalling. Oil prices are spiking again, and the stock market is reeling. If the trends continue, Bush will be justifiably not reelected.

15. SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    Still nothing substantive to say, so more vulgarity.

16. thevoice

thevoice AllStar

Sep 24, 2002

Can I get a big AMEN brother? I glad some people are actually worried about our country other than a little tainting of their own party.. I think it is very funny how well many of the liberals put up with the right wings constant disrespect toward the CIC when a dem was in charge. Then we get a republican CIC that actually doesn't understand even half of running a country, let alone engaging in a war, all we hear is how wonderful he is...

Can anyone on the right ever admit being wrong? I know many of them accept the use of drugs now (thanks to Rush) so I know you can change, but accepting ignorance is just not how I view the right.. I once thought they were actually intelligent and now I am just watching my faith wonder away! Bush doesn't have a clue about war or running a country and it is pretty obvious now - why do the right continue saying how wonderful he is at this time?? Do they actually believe this? Tell me what good has he done for our country? Are you that stubborn b/c things maybe going ok for you? Have you looked at the USA in whole? You guys aren't the only ones living here - yes we all make it tick, but a little intelligence is a must and if anyone, I expect it from you guys!

Yes I was for Clinton during the Dole days, but where is good ol Bobby when we need him? I feel sad for the right if all they have is GW to turn to.. What is worse, is that we have people so stubborn - representing a party and none of them will admit they maybe wrong and letting this world get even worse by putting their "leader" back in charge.

Come on right, I am loosing faith in you all! You at least used to have respectful people in charge with somewhat of a brain, get this guy out of office - use your thick skin for four years, find someone halfway intelligent to represent your party and then give us valid complaints. Until then, the people of this great country will decide who the next president will be. I have good faith in who that will be!

DrTVO

Ohh and GW, if you are out there - I challenge you and you only to a public game of chess, nothing much - just for fun..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.