See ya DirectTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cyfman, Mar 22, 2020.

1. cyfman

cyfman AllStar

Nov 4, 2009
    Called yesterday to see if I could save some money(Have had the Premier pkg for MANY years) and dropped to Extra and that only saved me 30.00 a month???? Seriously!! So going to get 2 more Roku's tomorrow and with the streaming services I'm going to get will save me about 150.00 a month and can live with that. :)
    Going to see if we even miss any channels for a few days and about 99.99999999% sure I'll be canceling DTV before the end of the week.
    Going to get Hulu+live TV and keep on with my Prime and Netflix.

Take care everyone :)

gio12 likes this.
  2. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Page down thru this for a good side-by-side channel comparison of the various live TV streaming services. I tried Hulu and literally couldn't stand the UI (full disclosure I use FireTV devices (various types), Nvidia Shields, and ATV 4ks...we don't do Roku...and the UI's for these services are not consistent across platforms so YMMV) and ended up with YTTV.

Live Streaming Services Channel Comparison in 2020 – The Streamable

markman07 likes this.
  3. cyfman

cyfman AllStar

Nov 4, 2009
    Thanks for the link :)

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    And don’t just look at the channel comparisons. Every streaming service has a free trial period so you can see the if the quirks they all have in one way or another, work for you.

IMO, YTTV comes closest to being similar to cable/sat boxes, but it does have some things that take getting used to.

Sling is pretty close too, but none of your locals are on it.

Hulu+Live’s UI is furthest away from the way cable/sat work. And reading on Facebook in their user group, the live and dvr stuff doesn’t work nearly as well as does their basic offering.

gio12 and mjwagner like this.