SEE

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dmspen, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Nov 7, 2019 #1 of 29
    dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    AppleTV+ started a few days ago. I was interested in watching their original show 'SEE' starring Jason Momoa.
    I turned it off after about 15 minutes. It was awful.
    Anyone else watched and have an opinion?

2. Nov 7, 2019 #2 of 29
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    One of these day Momoa is gonna get a part that he can handle. I guess playing Reacher would be a stretch but I'd like to see him give that a shot. I think I'll watch that "free" episode. I've been watching Momoa for years, always interested me. Never seems to live up to what I think is his potential.

Rich

3. Nov 8, 2019 #3 of 29
    dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Agreed. I thought he played his role in Stargate Atlantis well and also in GOT. I wonder if he has been pigeon-holed by Hollywood as a barbarian brute?

4. Nov 8, 2019 #4 of 29
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Please don't take this as a personal attack. I watched the first 15-20 minutes and I was also ready to shut See off. But the PQ was so good I decided to stick around and it got a whole lot better. Yeah, Momoa looked like the typical barbarian brute in those first moments but that stopped and he was fine. I ended up watching all the available episodes (3) and look forward to the rest of them. Best role Momoa has had so far, I think.

Gotta admit I was blown away by the PQ. Be nice if every series had PQ as good as this. Apple does everything well.

Conclusion: I enjoyed See and will strongly recommend this series. I'd like to let some time go by and discuss this series in detail. I have questions about mass blindness.

Rich

5. Nov 8, 2019 #5 of 29
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I was deeply disappointed when his character was killed off in GoT. I thought that was a big mistake. He was perfect in that role. Yeah, barbarian brute, but he did that well.

Rich

6. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I'm not sure how they could have proceeded without killing him off in GOT. For the Dragon Queen to rise he had to go otherwise he would have looked weak. It was too bad.
    I will give SEE another shot. I am getting my New LG OLED TV tomorrow, minor surgery on Thursday with a 2 day recovery so I'll have many hours to watch TV and judge PQ. It did look pretty good on my 9 year old Panny Plasma.

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, I think you're right. He had to die. Damn shame, such a powerful character. I thought Momoa played that part like he was born to it.

I had plasmas, I thought they were the best TVs out there. Wait til you get your hands on that 4K set, you are in for an epiphany.

Good luck, hope to see you back here soon.

Rich

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    If they made a 4K or 8k plasma....

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Ahh, you'd still have the heat problem. I wouldn't go back to plasmas. Sorry I didn't take your advice last year, should have bought the QLED. Hoping Sadie will take the NU8000 for her room and I can get the QLED this year during the Black Friday sales.

Rich

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Nobody else has seen See? Really? This is a series that should be discussed in detail, I think.

Rich

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The service has been active for 10 days ... give it time. :)

Rich likes this.
  12. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    I’m waiting till the first of December to start my free year.. I likely won’t start any series on there till all episodes are available.

13. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    I’d look at OLED now... ;)

Yeah heat was always an issue. I’m talking more colors. But oled now may even better...

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We are doing that with the rest of See and the other three series. My son put the new app on our ATVs as soon as it hit and I tried See and just had to wolf down the next two episodes. My wife will want to see See and I'll wait and watch the whole thing all the way thru.

We also activated Disney's new app yesterday. Didn't see much of interest on that app. We have most of the movies on our iTunes account. We did watch Lady and the Tramp, liked the animated version better. I'm sure the app will get better.

Rich

15. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Got my LG OLED65C9PUA yesterday. Got it all setup with the aid of my son-in-law (muscle assistance). Almost wet my pants when I put on Captain Marvel. Picture is fabulous.

My terrific Panny G54 plasma is relegated tot he garage. not sure if I should sell or give away. It's a 300 watt heat generator, the new LG is 47 watts. Amazing.

My biggest peeve is I have so much overlapping devices and features. The TV has many built in apps, I have an Apple TV, Amazon 4K Fire Stick, DISH H3 with Netflix, an XBOX One with all the apps... It's getting ridiculous.

But the question is...Do I use the TV or Denon Receiver for 4K upscaling?

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Last time I tried an LG the set didn't do red properly. Somebody here told me their OLED did red the same way. I'd have to sit down with one and see it that's still there. My next door neighbor just got an OLED, I'll take a look at his.

Rich

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I'd use the TV set for the upscaling. I'd also forget about the TV set's apps. You're better off with a dedicated streaming box. I gave most of my plasmas away. Couple went to the recycle dump in town. See how much lighter the new set is?

Rich

18. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    No 'red' issues here with my 65" OLED.

19. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I don't remember who told me their OLED had the same problem I saw on the LG (not an OLED) I bought. Perhaps that member will see this and join the conversation. I bought a bunch of 4K sets in 2015 when I started looking for a new TV and both the LG and Sony I bought were disappointing.

Rich

20. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Glowing review (I have always trusted this website): LG B9 OLED Review (OLED55B9, OLED65B9)

No mention of red issue at all.