Seeing To Do List remotely

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Steve Rhodes, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    We have 5 DVRs (1 HR34 and 4 HR23s).

1. We would to be able to see the To Do list on each of them from any room without having to go to each room

and

2, We would like with the iPhone or iPad or Web interface to be able to see the To Do list remotely while on vacation

All of this so we see if we have any scheduling conflicts, which happens, especially when shows end at 9:01 rather than 9:00, etc.

Thoughts/Suggestions? THANKS!

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Currently not possible

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Wow, I also have that many DVRs and seldom do I have any conflicts.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I would suggest moving to a different scheme to avoid conflicts, since you cant have the access you are requesting.

Use your two tuner dvrs fro recording only specific channels. For example, use one for all things on cbs, usa and tnt. You will never have anything not record, even if there is a conflict, since cable channels repeat things easily. Do the same concept for the other 3 dvrs.

Then use the hr34 to catch everything else, and if you are away setting a recording, use the hr34. If you record a lot of sports, i might even do cbs and say sports team 1 on one dvr, and split it that way, then put all the cable channels on the genie.

And label dvrs online for what they record, as well as the dvr names in the dvrs. Then its easy to track what shows to record where without having any conflicts.

There are a few more things, like always put network shows above cable shows in the priority list, etc...

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    My plan is to assign DVRs to family members. My wife records most of the stuff we watched together on the Genie, I record stuff that my wife doesn't like (Shark Tank, Victoria Secret "fashion" show are a nice examples) on my HR24 and my son records what ever he wants on his HR24

6. nuspieds

nuspieds Legend

Aug 9, 2008
    Here's an expensive and clumsy solution if you absolutely gotta have that remote access: Get a Slingbox for each DVR. Then, you can use the Slingbox client as your interface.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Would be nice to see the ToDo List remotely, but multi-DVR customers seem to be on the bottom any DirecTV ToDo List of future improvement.

8. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Depends. A larger family may want to do that for the main people and all kids stuff on another. My way avoids conflicts the best overall. However you must use the unified playlist.