1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Simple Channel Chart

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by SayWhat?, Aug 30, 2013.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Is there a clear, concise, easy to read (chart type) channel list by Package for Dish?

Their website has always been a joke - one of the most poorly designed and implemented I've ever seen. Things sliding around, moving in and out, frames within frames, menus under menus, only works with some browsers, etc.

I just want a simple chart. What channels are in what packages. Nothing more. Current and up to date. What little I could find on their site doesn't have check marks for TVLand, The Weather Channel or several others in ANY package.

Don't care about HD at all.

This means all packages including the low end ones like the Welcome package.

I think I'll be able to drop to AT120 or lower and add the Heartland Package and still get most of the channels I need.

One other question ...... If I drop from my legacy AT250 without Locals to one of the existing packages, will Locals be included? This is on a 512 with a DPP Twin LNB.

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    So far, I've only been able to select 4 at a time and compare them, but the available channels change depending on which browser I use.

What I'm looking for should have all channels and all packages including the specialty channels and packages. Ideally, it could be opened in something like Excel, so I can do sort sorting and highlighting.

3. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Any change in package will end the grandfathering of having no locals in the package. Your locals will be included IF they are available in SD. Not all are depending on ARC.

http://www.mydish.com/programmingGuides/ As one option.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Not a very up to date chart Dish America Gold & Silver are listed Dish Family is still listed and Welcome isn't listed

5. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I'm with you..a couple years ago there was a chart on their page showing columns for each package, and across they showed each cannel and a little check mark to show what package(s) they were in. Sure made it simple to show what channels would be gained or loss with a change

I was not a happy camper last time I thought about changing packages and could tell EXACTLY what I would gain or lose if I switched
    :(

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    How about this?

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/offers/value/

I didn't check it for accuracy... but it is a way to compare packages... The main page forces you to pick from AT120, AT120+, AT200, and AT250 to "compare"... but once you are in the comparison window there is a drop-down and you can change to many other tiers... so IF you wanted to compare the Welcome package to AT120... the easiest way I could see was check AT120 and AT120+ then click COMPARE and then change AT120+ to "Welcome Pack".

There's also James' text-based list:

http://jameslong.name/dishnetwork.html

7. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    ^^ Neither of those are a complete list of all channels in all packages, including specialty packages shown in a single chart/grid.

8. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
  9. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
  10. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Well yes, the exact same chart I posted in post #3.........

11. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    that's nice

12. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    It's an old chart, not updated for FS1, shows Pac 12 for the Hopper on 412, etc.

13. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I agree about the charts. Why don't like HD???

14. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I have not updated my version since January ... and then I believe it was just for prices. It is hard for a third party to keep track of what channel is in what packages. Especially when the "source" websites (such as DISH.com) are not accurate (and I really do not like updating which channels are in which package based on forum reports).

http://jameslong.name/dishhd.html is probably closest to accurate of what I have ... but there are channels that are simply not listed on that page (since the point of that page is conversion to HD). And the near secret packages that DISH offers such as "Welcome" are not listed.

15. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    Here is a very rough draft of packages that I did by a lot of cutting and pasting from the channel list PDF and a few other sources. Because of time constraints, I know there are formatting issues and I am not 100% sure if I got the Everything Pack correct, so you might want to verify that. Also, I didn't add the Dish America package channels and I'm sure there are all kinds of other things that people will notice that is wrong with this list, but I don't have time to fix any issues right now.

It would be great if someone could pretty this up and maintain it because I agree that the Dish website is horrible for trying to figure out which package is best for you. I've been considering going from AT250 to AT200 and adding the BB package. That would keep my bill the same but give me more movie channels and more on-demand. I am trying to get my wife using the existing on-demand that we have access to with AT250 to see if that is a good option. Also, I am considering just dropping back to AT200 without the BB package and just saving the $10 /mo. With this list, I discovered the possibility of going to AT250 and adding the Heartland package that would save me $5/mo. View attachment 23587

16. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    ^^ You probably did what I was going to when I got time.. I haven't looked at it yet though. I'll have to see if LibreOffice can open .XLS files without problems.

I want to be able to sort by channel name or package though. Also to highlight the channels I normally watch and see which package(s) I need. Calculating totals would be good too. Ideally, this should be hosted somewhere as a web-document so they it could be user-interactive and be edited/updated by a few people to maintain something near accurate.

Ideally, this is what Dish should have on their site.

17. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    I don't quite understand why Dish doesn't put something like this on their website. They give you the most choices of any provider that I have surveyed, and that is a great selling point. You would think they would want to highlight it. I already noticed that I listed EPIX package twice and only one of them has the channels marked.

I was just reviewing this with my wife and I think we will just drop back to the AT200 package. There are only two networks (DIY & Cooking) that we regularly watch and she watches Encore occasionally, but we would rather take the $120/year savings.

18. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You may have answered your own question there.... some companies intentionally obfuscate (I love that word) customer options to "force" you into the packages they want... so some packages are likely intentionally not advertised or played unless it suits what they want to sell that month.

Kind of like when you walk onto a car lot and the salesman tries to steer you towards whatever model they want to sell more that month... so you have to be really insistent on what you want to find the deal you want.

Dish has historically had packages you can get that they don't advertise... because they really don't want you to subscribe to them... but IF you ask twice nicely and are a good customer, you can get signed up for one of those.

Dish likely (and possibly rightly) thinks that a full blown comparison of all available packages that is easy for a customer to browse *might* result in that customer picking a lower tier rather than a higher one.