Select package

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by heidic, Jan 4, 2021.

1. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Hi, I am a long-term customer with a grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic package. I have been receiving a $50/month credit on this package that just expired yesterday. I was planning to call tomorrow to see if they would renew the credit, and if not, I was going to downgrade to the Select package. But now I see that package has been discontinued, at least for new customers.

Does anyone know if the Select package is still an option for existing customers? If so, does anyone have a current channel list? When I checked last spring, it appeared to have all the channels I need, and I want to make sure that's still the case. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  2. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    To answer my own question, Yes! Existing customers can still get the Select package. And if they get a good CSR, they can get it for cheap! I was told there were no discounts available on my existing Choice Xtra package. Instead, I was offered $40 off either Choice or Xtra for 12 months. I asked about Select and he gave me that for $30 off, which is basically half price. It has all the channels I need, so I’m happy. Right now I’m actually getting a lot more channels than I’m supposed to have— as far as I can tell, the only thing that went away is ESPN 1&2.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The only way to know what offers you're going to get is to call. Your mileage will vary widely.