1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Separator v. DPP44 Switch

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Don M, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    I will be adding a new receiver to my DISH equipment. I currently lease a 622 and two 211s. I will buy the 4th receiver. My current setup has two coax lines running frim the DPP44 switch to the 622. The 211s each have a single line. When the tech came out to "redirect" my antenna, he found that was not necessary but instead replaced my old dish with the newest model. I told him about my plans to add the new receiver, and he said I could use a separator, which he gave me, at the 622 and use one of the 622's current DPP44 terminals for the new receiver.He said this would keep me from having to buy another DPP44 switch. Is this possible? I run the 622 in single mode so that I have two HD outputs. Would it also be possible to use another separator on the new receiver (if I go with a 622 instead of a 211)? Thanks for any help.

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    To add the fourth receiver, you must use the DPP44, even with the new Dish.

Both the D1000.2 and the D1000.4 only have 3 outputs from their internal switch, you need to run all three outputs on the 1,2,3 inputs on the DPP44, then you can run a single cable to each Vip receiver using the seperator with your 622.

The fourth receiver can be any ViP receiver, with the seperator, the 622/612/722/722k can use a single cable to feed two tuners, or the same cable can feed a 211.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I'm sort of surprised the installer didn't use the DPP Separater in the first place.

4. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    Thanks for the info. I have a DPP44 switch currently in place. It has the inputs from the new Dish as well as a single input from 61.5. I am not aware of any signals currently on 61.5. The switch has 4 outputs..two go to the 622,and one each goes to the 211s. If I understand it right, I can disconnect one of the outputs to the 622 and hook it to the new receiver. If I do that I will need to put a separator at the current 622 and a separator at the new 622. This will keep me from having to buy another DPP44 switch, yet still run both 622s in single mode with 2 HD outputs each. Am I correct?

5. Don M

Don M Legend

Jul 1, 2006
    I ran all the cable myself and pulled two runs for the 622. I knew about a separator, but felt more comfortable with two coax runs. My attic is a real mess to work in, so I tried to cover all the bases I might need in the future. If I disconnect one of the coax feeds and use a separator, I will still have that coax available for other uses. Hope that makes sense.

6. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    All of Dish's dual-tuner receivers are "DishProPlus" technology, meaning that both tuners can be fed from a single cable, using a "DPP Separator" (essentially a custom diplexer) at the receiver to split the two bands. Of course, the switch in the system must also be DPP, which the DPP44 switch certainly is.