1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series Link - Lost & American Idol

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by eileen22, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eileen22

eileen22 Godfather

Mar 24, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    I just got the HR20-100 yesterday. I tried to set up some of my series recordings, and have a situation that doesn't make sense to me.

I set up American Idol to record as a series link by finding last night's episode in the guide and pressing record twice. Got the symbol that shows the series link was set up (the R in the circle with the )) to the right). I see future recordings in the To Do list, no problem.

I went to do this same thing this morning with Lost, and it gives me the same R symbol that indicates a series link, but the future Lost episodes are not appearing in the To Do list. Those future episodes DO appear in the guide, but they are not set to record. I tried doing First Run only or Both, but nothing changes. I moved the priority for Lost to #1, still nothing changes.

Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround/fix (other than setting up a manual record)? Why would one show work and another wouldn't? I saw a similar issue someone was having w/NBC Nightly News, but I think his is working now. Thanks.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Give it a little bit longer to gather up all of the episode information .. Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to get all of the episodes set to record.

3. eileen22

eileen22 Godfather

Mar 24, 2006
    Philadelphia...
    Even if the episodes apper in the guide?

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes .. check this afternoon and see if they have populated the To Do list.

5. Capt'n

Capt'n Legend

Aug 23, 2007
    This is a perfect example of why this double tap system doesn't work. Lost is currently running a repeat right before the first run episode. What happens if you setup a series link using the repeat episode right before it starts? My guess is it will not record the next episode which is the one you really want to record. They really need to add a manual series link setup option that updates instantly.

6. golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh Legend

Mar 26, 2007
    Check the number of episodes to be kept(saved). I believe the default is 2. Increasing this number may force the To Do List to populate.

7. jahgreen

jahgreen Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    I'm missing something. Why would you set up a series link on the repeat episode rather than a new episode?

8. Capt'n

Capt'n Legend

Aug 23, 2007
    Because it shouldn't matter what episode you use. It should record all shows that match the criteria you set. Meaning it should just look at the show info and ignore everything else. Then search for shows that match. Why should it matter what episode you use? Your supposed to be setting it up to record all the episodes, not just a single episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.