Series-list programs not recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kram, Feb 13, 2019.

1. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    Not sure if this has previously been reported. HR44 running most current software release. For example, I have “Victoria on Masterpiece” set to record all first-run, but they randomly don’t record. I have to delete the series, add it back, and then check the guide to ensure that the show is actually scheduled to record. Anyone else? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I have a HR54-200 (0x114b) with a C61K-700 (0x10d1) and have 16 series set to record First Run only and am not experiencing any issues.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Are you checking the First Run Date ? Some of the channels appear to put a new one out and the next week it will be an older one. Some items are listed by the date they showed in Canada which earlier than we get it and that makes it not a First Run. I have had those happen to me on my HR24.

4. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    The episode that ran last Sunday (S3 E5) shows an original air date of Feb 1, 2018. The answer to your issue is easy: change from first runs to all episodes, and the series will capture the airings on Sundays as you want.

5. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    Made the change. I’ll see what happens. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Active Member

Dec 5, 2015
    HR54, this just happened to me on ABC, set a series to record in January, it recorded two shows and then stopped. I was recording on NY local 7, deleted the series and set a new series record today, this time on 396 ABC, I don't know if it is a channel issue but I recently had a single program on ABC 7 not record, I got one of those programming update 13 messages for that missed recording.

A couple of months ago I had a couple of series record issues but I can't remember what they were, most of the time it works well but I still believe there are glitches present in this GUI.