Series Manager help needed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by mmarlys, Dec 29, 2017.

1. mmarlys

mmarlys New Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Hello everyone,
    I hope I'm doing this right. Never done anything like this before.

When I make a series recording why on the series manager list do I see
    more than one listed for the same show on the series manager list?

Also sometimes I want to change the settings on the series that I have on this
    list and instead of the system allowing me to make changes on the existing series
    recording that I have, a NEW one is made...why? Sometimes I can change the settings
    with out this happening and other times as I said another is made...again why???

Now lastly does anyone know why I can only seem to make 100 series on the series
    manager list?? Is Directv going to fix this...this is a really big problem for me. I need
    to be able to record way more than just 100 series.

Thank You,
    mmarlys
    mmarlys@comcast.net

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    100 is the limit. But you should not see duplicates or have to create new ones to make changes. Which receiver do you have? Have you tried rebooting it yet?

How many tvs do you have? To get more than 100 series you’d need to add additional DVRs.

3. mmarlys

mmarlys New Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Hello, Thank you for writing back to me. I have one TV and a Genie 2 (two terabyte). I have re-booted thou not
    recently and I have had the problem for a long time now. When I have these duplicates one will show the network
    and the chnl number, like say A&EHD 265, and the other one (for the same show) will simply say "All Channels".

Do you know how I can fix this? Is it just a software glitch?

Do you know why sometimes when I want to change my preferences for my series recording it says "record series" when
    I try to make changes?, this doesn't make any sense. I know that I already have a series recording set for the show be
    cause a lot of the shows I watch are recorded very often.

Do you know if Directv is going to increase the 100 limit on the series manager list? When you have two terabytes of
    recording capacity it is really easy to surpass this amt.

Again thank you for any help you can offer me.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Don't use the Search feature to set your Series. Use the Guide, find your shows and then click the Record button on your remote twice. That will eliminate the recording on multiple channels.

Make sure you set your Series Preferences first. Such as Keep until, First Run, Start/Stop times, etc. That way you won't have to edit each series you set.

jimmie57 likes this.