Series not recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by HDJulie, May 26, 2015.

1. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon

Aug 10, 2008
    I'm having problems with our HR44. Sometimes when I set up a series to record, it doesn't record & the history shows nothing. This happened with Agent Carter & now with Wayward Pines. Wayward Pines recorded the first episode on the 14th. I noticed tonight that there was no second episode recorded. The history has nothing. And, there's nothing in the To Do List. I went to the Series Manager & it has Wayward Pines there & it is set to record all First Run episodes. I just changed it to All & will check tomorrow to see if it now picks up episodes 3 & 4 in the To Do List but I now no longer trust the HR44 to record series & that's a problem as I've moved most of my series to it. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Agent Carter programs that would be now are old.
    Agent Carter" will return for its second season in 2016 on ABC

The Wayward Pines has a new one on the 28th if I am correct.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    When you are in the series manager, does it say the channel number next tot he title of the show, or does it say all channels? And how did you set up the wayward pines recording? Was it directly in the guide or via a smart search?

4. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon

Aug 10, 2008
    Agent Carter was an example of another time the DVR did not record as it should. That was back in January.

Both of the recordings were set up using smart search & the Wayward Pines recording shows the specific channel.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Many have reported problems setting up recording from using the search.
    Make sure you go to the Guide, find the program and double press the Record button,

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/217208-hr34-700-not-recording-first-runs-again/

6. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon

Aug 10, 2008
    Thanks. I like to use the search because the genie can set up recordings for upcoming series that aren't in the guide yet but I'll stop doing that for now.

I just looked at that thread. It's for the HR34. I have an HR44. I'll still change to using the guide.