1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set Multiple NFL Games To Record Via Guide, All Canceled, Why?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by GordonGekko, Nov 25, 2018.

1. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Member

Dec 5, 2015
    HR54 (0x1112) update, I always record from the guide and I never have a problem. It only listed an explanation on recording history for one out of the two 1pm games, "This episode was canceled because of a programming update. (13)".

The 4pm games are not listed in upcoming list and no record symbol in the guide, so I set it again. Is this a glitch or something to do with the information sent down differently by the NFL to the guide? I think I set to record around Wednesday.

Also my Sunday night NBC football recording was missing as well. Even though there is no reason to watch the Jets game, at least my season pass worked and recorded it from the start.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Using ST yesterday was strange. I recorded the Steelers game and only got a 3 hour recording. And that was on channel 390 which, for some reason, I could access. I did get the recording I set on the ST channel but it wouldn't play. Then another recording of the Steelers game started recording but when the game was over I could not play it. Something was very wrong.

Rich

3. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    I recorded three yesterday without problems.

4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    That's because you're in the NYC DMA, so your Big 4 locals are just remaps of the DNS feeds in the 390s and not seperate spotbeam signals like the rest of the NYC locals. Since 2 WCBS and 390 CBSeHD both point to D11, TPN 11, VPID 1030, you are able to view WCBS on both channels.

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    But I had another strange recording the day before on the same channel (390) that I could not play. What happened to that?

Rich

6. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Member

Dec 5, 2015
    My trashed recordings were all set on 390 or 398 as well.

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I thought I got one on 398 the other day. That was the one I could not play.

Rich