1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup TV selection not working under Program Remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rickfriele, May 29, 2013.

1. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    I'm trying to program a new remote to my HR34 and I can set up my AV receiver under Setup AV1 fine, but when I select Setup TV it looks like it gets selected, but just remains on the same screen. Have tried resetting te receiver and using the old remote but it won't let me proceed to setup the TV mode

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    What is the model of your TV?

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Use the old code lookup and do the old procedure and ignore the receiver instructions.
    I just had the very same thing happen to me on my new RC65RX remote.
    It did not find a code for my TV that I have been using for 4 years.
    Looked up the code and programmed it into the remote. Then I had to program in the 960 to get the remote to operate my TV Input button.

Should be the same for the receiver you have.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes

4. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Panasonic Viera plasma

I'll try the manual programming of it. I had it setup fine before with the same setup

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I found the correct code for my set in the PDF manual at my TV manufacturer website.

6. rickfriele

rickfriele New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Got it programmed the manual way though not sure why it wouldn't let me do it through the UI. Nothing has changed with my setup