Shipping Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by spec2, Jan 20, 2011.

1. spec2

spec2 Cool Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I ordered a replacement SD recv'r
    Mon. FedEx tracking still shows they have not picked up the recv'r but DirecTV says it has shipped. When ask CS about this discrepancy I'm told to call FedEx -- they don't have any more info though.

Is this kind of tracking delay normal fir DTV shipments? Anything I can do to get to the bottom or do I just have to wait until it's officially viewed as lost?

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Considering I think they generally ship FedEx two day, you should be seeing tracking, though there have been times there has been limited or bad tracking data (not limited to DirecTV shipments. Since Monday wasn't a holiday for FedEx, you really should be getting it by today unless there is a weather exception.

3. spec2

spec2 Cool Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Yeah, the problem is that the tracking info has been "stuck" at "shipping info received" since Monday. I've never had a package where tracking was down for 4 consecutive days. I once had a UPS package go off radar b/c the label was damaged in shipment but it was initially scanned as in UPS possession.

Maybe a miracle will happen and the recv'r will show today, but kinda doubt it. I just wish there was a dept. @ DTV I could call that could actually look into it for me. Regular CSRs seem unable to do anything until a week has passed.

4. RBTO

RBTO Legend

Apr 11, 2009
    I've had FedEx pull some really dumb stunts with my shipments in the past, and try to avoid them when possible. Once a shipper hands a shipment off to someone like FedEx, they're really at the mercy of the tracking system themselves, and probably won't be able to give you any answers unless pressured. I lost a "two-day delivery" Gateway computer shipment once (with FedEx), and after two weeks of getting the runaround, I managed to get Gateway to put the screws to them. I've also seen shipments just like you described, "shipping info received", show up on my doorstep after a few days and never show anything else in the tracking history. Sometimes FedEx will drop items in the Postal Service delivery system when they can't provide a delivery, and this happens. I would just wait a reasonable time and then let D* know what's going on and ask them to initiate a dialogue with the shipper.