1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shows disappear from playlist on HR44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dbronstein, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Jul 9, 2018 #1 of 23
    dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    My HR44 has been doing this thing for a couple of months where a bunch of shows just disappear from the playlist. They aren't deleted, they just don't show on the list. When you reboot, they show again. And then a week or two later it happens again. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix for it?

2. Jul 9, 2018 #2 of 23
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Do a keyword search for CLEARMYBOX and press the red button on your DIRECTV remote. This will clear the guide data database. Allow 24-48 hours for everything to reload.

3. Jul 9, 2018 #3 of 23
    dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    Rebooting doesn't do that?

4. Jul 9, 2018 #4 of 23
    WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    What Software load are you running?

5. Jul 9, 2018 #5 of 23
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Didn't help me. I did that day before yesterday and I still did not get the game on the Playlist until it was half over. Next NR will probably fix it...or not.

Rich

6. Jul 9, 2018 #6 of 23
    mrfatboy

mrfatboy Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    I just saw this also on my hr44. Show was recorded on hr44. Started watching then stopped for next day viewing. Went I went to continue watching it was not there. However it was listed in the "Continue Watching" list.

The show was always listed on my hr24.

I'm on the latest new gui software.

7. Jul 9, 2018 #7 of 23
    Adam J

Adam J Quiet Long Time Member

Aug 23, 2007
    This is a known bug in the current software and it is outrageous that the bug hasn't been fixed yet. The higher-ups in Directv must not be using the hr44s otherwise I have a feeling that it would have been fixed already.

RexB likes this.
  8. Jul 9, 2018 #8 of 23
    WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    It is being addressed if your part of the testing program a new load has being released and being tested by those that are interested in the testing program.

9. gordon1fan

gordon1fan AllStar

Jun 27, 2007
    Talladega,...
    The problems are fixed in updated CE 1101. But you have to wait until Friday and Saturday night to download it. I am running it now and it seems to work OK but my VOD doesn’t work.

10. gordon1fan

gordon1fan AllStar

Jun 27, 2007
    Talladega,...
    They also are talking about this same issue in the “New GUI thread”.

11. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have an HR54 and C61k and also see this bug starting as of last week. About half of my recorded programs are nowhere to be found in the list (main list or even in the sorted categories). Yet another bug.

12. FarNorth

FarNorth Godfather

Nov 27, 2003
    I was having this issue 10-14 days ago but it somehow cleared up. No idea why.

13. DavidR

DavidR Cool Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I downloaded 1101 last Friday, and yesterday my playlist lost a bunch of recordings, so the issue is not yet fixed in 1101. Also, all On Demand programming is unavailable since I loaded 1101. For me, 1101 has more problems than 1088. This is what we get as a result of constant mergers, there is so little competition left that AT&T can roll out crappy non-functioning software, and then take months to fix even the most egregious issues. I haven't seen a single official statement from AT&T acknowledging the pitiful state of this software, much less any ETA on when it might be fixed, if ever. Apparently they're not worried about any lasting damage to their brand. It's shameful, hard to believe reallly.

RexB, Rich and gordon1fan like this.
  14. gordon1fan

gordon1fan AllStar

Jun 27, 2007
    Talladega,...
    I also just got the recording not showing up in my play list last night after downloading 1101 last Friday night. Last night I rolled back to 1088 software. I don’t know what kind of a game DIRECTV (AT&T) is playing, but I’m not liking it worth a damn!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    RexB likes this.
  15. dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    I tried the clearmybox thing and it didn't work.

I have a free upgrade available. Does the Genie 2 have this issue?

16. gwikeenan

gwikeenan New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I read on an AT&T forum that whenever shows are missing from the list, they can be accessed by pressing 0 to sort the list differently, and they can also be found by looking under the History menu option. I tried using the "press 0 to sort" workaround, but the missing recordings still weren't showing up. Haven't yet tried looking at the recording history to find them. Does anyone have first-hand experience with these workarounds? All that's worked for me so far is a receiver reset, but that's a very annoying thing to have to do several times a week just to get all my recordings to actually show up in the list so I can watch them.

17. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    CLEARMYBOX is not gonna help this. It's a software issue that nothing but new software is gonna fix.

Rich

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have yet to find a recording of a game missing after it's been recorded so I can't comment, I have no idea what you have to do to get the missing recordings in the Playlist. If the program is recording and not in the Playlist it's easy to put it there. Just go to the To Do list and it will be there and you can access the recording at that point. Once you do that it will appear in the Playlist. Don't remember what the Playlist is called on the Genie...just checked, it's called "Upcoming Recordings". I guess the nitwit that came up with the Black Shroud didn't like "To Do List"...

Rich

19. mikek

mikek Godfather

May 17, 2007
    You can find the missing shows by going to the left of the playlist and choosing TV Shows, Movies, etc

20. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    No, they are not all sorted in the folders. Many of mine are now missing from the playlist and are nowhere to be found in any of the folders. I found a workaround.. I went into the list showing all of the shows I have recorded for the past several months (new equipment in March) and I can find and watch shows from there even when not displayed in the Playlist as they should be. The avg. sub isn't going to do this and will assume the shows are likely lost.

Rich likes this.