1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showtime Free On Demand: entire first season of Dexter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ToBeFrank, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    I just saw this in my guide this morning. Showtime On Demand has a free preview of the entire first season of Dexter. It's on channel 1538.

2. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    Ugh... I just discovered the episodes are censored.

3. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn AllStar

Jan 11, 2006
    Colorado
    So it's probably the exact same thing we can get from The 101... :(

4. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    Are the 101 episodes censored? I thought I read they weren't. I scheduled them to record but haven't watched any of them yet.

5. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    I downloaded the first and second season of Dexter in HD from the "regular" On Demand. For Showtime there are two versions available...the TV-MA version and the TV-14 version. For the 101 they don't specify which version it is, but looking at the length of the episodes, they would appear to be the edited versions.

6. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    If you like the series, teh 4th book came out two weeks ago, and it was great (as are all of them). Really worth your time.

7. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I beg to differ. The first 2 books were fine, but the series is much better written. The 3rd book was so bad (turns out it's not Dexter's fault he kills, the poor boy is simply possessed by the offspring of an ancient demon) I'll never read another.

Back on topic: Yes, the version that aired on the 101 was heavily edited for language. You'll hear lots of "frickin'" and "motherloving", along with some more creative swears.

8. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    I guess it's back to Netflix streaming of Dexter for me. The quality sucks but at least I get the original content.

9. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn AllStar

Jan 11, 2006
    Colorado
    The wife and I watched the first season of Dexter off The101 VOD.
    Does anyone know if they are going to put the other seasons up any time soon? We'd sure like to see them...