1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showtime Starz Special

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by linuspbmo, Nov 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    Does anyone know if the Showtime/Starz special (both for $12.99) is still good? They have an activate button online for my account but at the bottom of the page it says expires 10/31/2010 in small print.

Thanks

2. skizer

skizer AllStar

May 16, 2004
    Im doing it now, but signed up prior to 10/31.

I was told by a CSR (so take that for what's its worth) that you can bounce back and forth between the B1G1 Free Show / Starz & HBO / Cinemax every 3 months to keep doing each offer.

3. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    I used the "activate now" button last Sat (Nov 13) and it was activated for 2 for 1 Showtime/Starz. Decided to go for it all, and also activated the HBO/Max 2 for 1.

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003

5. CincyJen

CincyJen Cool Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Just noticed this 2-for-1 Starz/Showtime deal when looking at my account. It's $12.99/month for both, for three months, but since I already have HBO, it would be $11.01/month.

As a new subscriber, I had Starz/Showtime free for three months, and just canceled a few days ago as the freebie was about to run out and my billing date was approaching. Weird that this offer would show up just a few days after I canceled, isn't it? Or is this a common deal that pops up from time to time? Remember, I'm a total noob, so please educate me!

I'm seriously considering taking the deal, if only to watch all the eps in the new Nurse Jackie season. :)

6. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Don't forget about the $25 rebate offers for both as well.

http://www.directv.com/cms2/premiums/sho/offers/201103/25_Showtime_Redemption.pdf

http://www.directv.com/cms2/premiums/starz/offers/1102/Jan_Dec__Starz_25.pdf

7. CincyJen

CincyJen Cool Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Oh, wow!! Thank you!! But, when I look at the fine print for each, it reads "Cannot be combine with any other SHOWTIME promotional offers" and "Offer may not be combined with other STARZ offer(s)."

So, would the 2-for-1 be considered a promotional offer? I'm thinking it probably would.

8. Santana

Santana AllStar

May 11, 2010
    That was my understanding. I have had Showtime alone for 3 months and am sending in for the $25 rebate. I am now going to try to get the Starz/Showtime 2 for 1.

9. NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan Legend

Apr 23, 2010
    I had gotten the Starz/Showtime special for 6 months after the initial 3 month freebie period when I had called to cancel out showtime and keep starz. At the end of 6 months I called to see if I could renew it and they said I couldn't. So just like I was originally going to do 6 months before I dropped showtime and kept starz. Within a couple days the button for the 2for1 starz/showtime special appeared in my online account but I haven't tried clicking it yet.

10. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    I'd still try it. I got both rebates last year when I had the special price then. Probably will try it again this year.