SIC Internacional on DISH Network?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by JBar1017, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 5, 2003 #1 of 10
    JBar1017

JBar1017 Cool Member

Jul 22, 2003
    On servicedesk.dbstalk.com it states that SIC Internacional is very demanding and is coming to DISH Network. It even states the channel number that it is going to be on. Does anyone know if it is actually coming to DISH Network? When? SIC Internacional is a Portuguese Channel that is from Portugal just like RTPi (RTP Internacional). All responses will be helpful.

JBar1017

2. Sep 5, 2003 #2 of 10
    TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    DBSOgre takes care of the service desk. Perhaps he has some info on this. I haven't heard anything about it. That's not to say it isn't going to happen though.

See ya
    Tony

3. Sep 6, 2003 #3 of 10
    Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Hehe - It's listed there under "Desired Additions" - Category...
    So it is only to be "Desired" i guess :)

In addition, it must be old/outdated and/or not very accurate, because for a while now - ch 614 is occupied already - "SET" - Sony Entertainment TV (East Indian) - on both 61.5 and 148 birds...

4. Sep 7, 2003 #4 of 10
    AppliedAggression

AppliedAggression Godfather

Aug 16, 2003
    I'm also Portuguese and subscribe to RTPi, SIC in my opinion would be a great addition. I had heard before, although i'm not sure from where, that SIC was indeed coming as one of the many new international channels going to be offered by Dish. Hopefully it'll come, but I doubt it'll have the same low cost as RTPi, at $4 a month.

5. Sep 7, 2003 #5 of 10
    JBar1017

JBar1017 Cool Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Hopefully it would come to Dish Network soon. I would think it might be on Dish for $9.99. I think too that It would be a great addition!! I can see more portuguese soccer games! :)

Jack

6. Sep 7, 2003 #6 of 10
    Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    BTW - The Paid Portuguese PPV Soccer Service, that used to be offered at Dishnet's channel 589 and then moved to Globecast (together with TV Polonia..after could not come up with agreement)... - I think now available and offered at Bell ExpressVu...

So is TV Polonia BTW (with 2 other Polish radio channels that were at Dish as well)

7. Sep 7, 2003 #7 of 10
    AppliedAggression

AppliedAggression Godfather

Aug 16, 2003
    Interesting, I never knew that was offered. Any idea how much the PPV event fee was?

8. Sep 7, 2003 #8 of 10
    Unregustered

Unregustered Guest

Here what found over Bell ExpressVu site

"Presented in Portuguese, the Super Liga is home to Portugal's top soccer clubs like FC Porto, last year's Portuguese League Champions and EUFA Cup Winners, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon Boavista and many more!

The package includes over 100 games from the 2003/2004 season between the months of September 2003 & May 2004. One game will be broadcast on Mondays or Fridays and two games on Saturdays and Sundays.

To order, call 1-888-SKY-DISH

The Super Liga package is only available on NIMIQ2. Bell ExpressVu subscribers must have the N2 upgrade kit in order to get The Super Liga."

http://www.bell.ca/shop/application/commercewf?origin=noorigin.jsp&event=link(goto)&content=/jsp/content/personal/catalog/satellites/vu_sports_events/superliga/index.jsp

Vr1

9. Sep 7, 2003 #9 of 10
    Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    Hello. I just wanted to clarify that SIC Internacional is a DESIRED addition. I apologize for the confusion, but I do not have ANY information as to the negotiations (if there are any) between SIC Internacional and Dish Network. Sorry. :(

10. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    LOL - i interpreted it correctly then (the DESIRED thinggy) :)

as to Portuguese PPV service, Vr1, i believe Ogre was asking how much it was over at Dishnet (at the time it was being offered to Dishnet Subscribers)...
    I believe that package was quite Expensive...

Over at Bell ExpressVu though - the info posted above by Vr1 is correct... to add - i think it is being Offered for FREE now for a month till the Sept 16th or something...
    After that it will be - i forgot how much - but something like 200 or 300 Canadian for the entire season... (several equal installment payments option is available too)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.