Sign of a dying Hopper HD?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Senchin441, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Senchin441

Senchin441 New Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Hi All,

I have a weird problem that I have encountered recently and wondering if anyone has some advice? I have a Hopper 2 with sling and a super joey. This week, while attempting to view a recorded show that was flagged "New" on my hopper, when attempting to select a recorded episode, no episodes were found. The screen displays "No Episodes Available". However, if I attempt to access the recorded shows from the Super Joey DVR menu, I can see all episodes recorded and even start playback of any episode. Basically, the Hopper is recording but I cannot access any content. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

GM

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    First step is to do a power cord reboot of the Hopper.
    The fact that the Joey can see the recordings indicates the hard drive is probably not the problem.

3. Senchin441

Senchin441 New Member

Oct 2, 2019
    I just left it unplugged for 10 minutes. (Only the Hopper) Rebooted, same result no change. I wonder if I should reboot everything?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    nope
    just reboot again the H

BTW, it's HDD aka hard disk drive; not HD aka HiDef ;)

5. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    That "New Only" setting sometimes misses programs because the guide doesn't contain the new label. We missed most of a week of Late Show a while back because the guide didn't have a "new" label. Sounds like you may have a different problem but its worth checking.