signal levels on 103ca

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lesz, Aug 22, 2019.

1. lesz

lesz Legend

Aug 3, 2010
    This morning, I was checking my signal levels.

On the 101 satellite, the signal levels were all at their usual 100 or 99 levels. On the 99ca, 99cb, and 103cb satellite, the transponders were at their usual levels around 95, but, on the 103ca satellite, all of the transponders were showing a signal level of 0.

I tried randomly tuning to different channels, and I didn't find any channels without a signal. So, I'm not sure what is going on. I don't know whether their is something going on at DIRECTV's end or whether I have a dead LNB.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Try carefully looking again or perhaps rebooting your receiver...

As tps. 1-8 on 103ca should now be reading all zeros since DIRECTV just recently authorized those new tp. numbers for national (or "CONUS") service when the T15 satellite returns to 103W after being relieved from its services presently at 101W when the new T16 satellite arrives which is still in transit to there ....

However tps. 9-24 on 103ca should all be showing their normal signal levels ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

3. lesz

lesz Legend

Aug 3, 2010
    Thanks for the reply and information.

When I checked the signal levels earlier this morning, I checked both of my boxes, and the 0 readings were showing up on both.

I think that, when I saw the 0s showing up, I was expecting to see readings for transponders 1-8, and, when they were all 0s, I probably moved on before the readings for 9-24 showed up. Now, I see that they are there and all in the mid 90s for transponders 9-24.

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Are you having trouble with something or do you just randomly check your signal strength on a daily basis?

5. lesz

lesz Legend

Aug 3, 2010
    I certainly don't check it "on a daily basis", but I do periodically check the signal levels just to make sure that the pointing of the dish is still within an acceptable range. In the past couple of months, we've had some severe storms, including one with 80-90 mph straight line winds, and it wouldn't have surprised me if the dish was in need of realignment.

6. dshank522

dshank522 Cool Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Mo.
    Is it ok/acceptable to use the box to adjust signals ??
    I adjust while on the phone to the wife in the house.

7. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Sure. I have used FaceTime

8. dshank522

dshank522 Cool Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Mo.
    Thank you sir.

9. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Earth
    I check mine about once a month just to make sure nothing has changed. In the past I have had water get into the connectors and once into the LNBF and those caused a drastic drop in the signal. If this happens you may not notice it until heavy cloud coverage or light rain causes rain fade to occur at a period when it would not normally happen.

P Smith likes this.