Signal loss message but program is playing fine.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cypherx, Mar 3, 2019.

1. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    We have this signal loss on satellite in message 772, but the show is playing normally without any issues at all. No drop outs, no skips nothing. After awhile the screen saver comes on and you have to exit it.

It’s snowing pretty heavy here but still channel 10 WCAU HD NBC is playing just fine so why the message and periodic screen saver? I tried the exit button but the message doesn’t go away.

2. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    It eventually went out completely. HD, SD, Audio Only, even Music Choice App and cheddar (ip ) don’t work because you can’t exit, acknowledge or dismiss the loss of signal message. I see only 3 TPs on 101 and everything else is 0. Saw on Facebook others in our area have the same problem.

Well glad I have a cable box as well. Don’t subscribe to a big package on there but it’s enough for the next 24 hours.

3. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Those still rely on satellite delivered metadata to get the URLs for the embedded web pages hosting the apps.

I guess you're getting a lot more wet snow/icing down there, here it's just snow and we didn't lose our signal at all. 101 is still in the 90s, while 99 and 103 only dipped to the high 70s/lower 80s

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  4. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Yea this morning on Facebook I saw two people post about Dish Network loosing signal too. This morning it’s back on though.

With the age of the internet, you’d think the receiver could get its metadata and possibly even the channels via the Ethernet connection I have to the genie.