1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signal strength on Sat C

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chdwil, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chdwil

chdwil AllStar

Sep 6, 2006
    I have the H20 receiver and can only get a 74, 75 signal on sat C. I can get a 94-95 on my samsung HD receiver in a different room. Is this a receiver, line, or dish problem? Is this possably a splitter problem? The tech put in the new 4x8 when the 5 LNB dish was installed. I have had 3 techs come visit to fix my signal problem, no luck. My old 3 lnb dish never lost its signal, I was watching local news DURING Hurricane Charley (under generator supply). Now a simple rain storm causes signal loss.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    The H20's signal readings are not directly comparable to other DirecTV Receivers. Do you see similar differences with SatA or SatB numbers?

If you think the H20's SatC readings are too low, try swapping the H20 with your Samsung Receiver. That will tell you if it's a receiver issue, or something with the cable/dish/multiswitch feeding that room.

3. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Godfather

Jun 29, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    All common sense troubleshooting tips, but wouldn't the 3 trips by the techs have done this by now??? OP said
    They should have found either the H20 had an issue, or the cable or multiswitch or port on the multiswitch was causing the problem...If all else failed, the OP can call Directv and ask for a box replacment since all other TS (troubleshooing) steps have failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.