Signal to two tv's from a VIP211

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by hostofchucks, Nov 19, 2008.

1. hostofchucks

hostofchucks Cool Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I have a VIP211 connected to a HD TV with component cables and also want to connect a Std. Def. TV using the coaxial output. Is this possible? I understand the program would be the same on each TV. I tried it and can't seem to get a signal to the Std. Def. TV. The Std Def TV is digital. :confused:

2. rjfrandle

rjfrandle Cool Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Yes it is possible. I'm doing it with a 211 hooked up to an HD TV in our bedroom, and have the coax running to the basement hooked to a SD TV. Not sure why yours won't work. Do you have your SD tv on the right channel to receive the signal? Usually 3 or 4. Mine works good, and I have a remote extender so you can control the 211 from the basement. It works good because nobody is in the basement when the TV in the bedroom gets used at bedtime.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Could be any number of things you should look at. Tv and receiver have to be matched up, the receiver could be outputing signal as analog and the tv may be looking for cable or vice versa. Check to see what the modular output is set to. Check to see if shared view is enabled. Report back if these do not fix your situation.

4. hostofchucks

hostofchucks Cool Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I found that the output from the VIP211 is analog and I had it connected to the digital input of the TV. Thanks guys. :)
    Bill