1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Newbie ? 1 Antena 2 receivers

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Bob25thTA, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Bob25thTA

Bob25thTA New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    I have a Dishpro Antenna hooked to a 522 receiver. I just bought a 921 for another room. What kind of switch do i need to hook up both receivers?

2. topom

topom Mentor

Jan 4, 2004
    Bob,

You will need either a DP34 or DP44 switch. The DP-34 will require running two cables to the 921. the DP44 will allow you to run 1 cable to the 921 and use a diplexer at the receiver to split the signal in to the 2 required satellite inputs. The DP44 is about twice as much $ though....

Tom

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    It depends on what your current setup is - meaning what LNB you have installed on your dish. I assume that you probably have a DP twin lnb (it would have a big DP logo on it when you look at it). If so, you have several options:

1. Replace the Twin lnb with a DP Quad LNB, and run 2 more lines from it to your 921.

2. Add a DP34 switch, connect the 2 lines from the satellite to the switch, connect the 2 lines currently running to your 522 to the switch, and run 2 more lines from the switch to your 921.

3. Replace your LNB with a DishProPlus Twin LNB, take one of the lines currently running to your 522 and run it instead to your 921. Then, install DishProPlus Separators to each satellite line to connect both tuners on each receiver.

4. Get a DishProPlus 44 switch, connect the satellite lines to the switch, run one of the 522 lines to the 921 location, and install the separators on each line to connect both tuners.

Those are the options that come immediately to mind.

4. Bob25thTA

Bob25thTA New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Thanks Guys. I am a return subscriber to Dish. The last time I did wiring was when I self installed a Dish 300. 1 wire, 1 satellite. 1 dish. No problems :rolleyes: