1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sirius sound"cutting" since channel change

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by dlt, May 21, 2011.

1. dlt

dlt Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    Has anyone noticed that the sound keeps cutting in and out. I noticed it in my car, thought maybee just kept loosing signal, but I noticed I had full signal the whole time. Couldnt figure it out till this morning when I was listening at home through Dish Network it was doing the same all morning on Classic Rewind.

2. kc1ih

kc1ih Legend

May 22, 2004
    Hudson, FL
    Yes, I have noticed this too, especially on Real Jazz 67.

3. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Mentor

Jul 6, 2007
    Same here. It was really bad last Friday... I just thought it was the weather.

4. Jun 1, 2011 #4 of 13
    Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    Been doing it the past couple of days on Classic Rewind here in South Texas. Glad to here others are experiencing it and it's not the radio in my truck. Cutting out, then I guess recovering and replaying the last few seconds of what was already played. Sounds pretty bad.

5. Jun 1, 2011 #5 of 13
    VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    Same here in SE Virginia.

Anyone call our friends at Sirius?:confused:

6. Jun 1, 2011 #6 of 13
    Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    XM is doing the same. Wonder if it happening at the source.

7. Jun 2, 2011 #7 of 13
    VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    It sounds like the problem may be limited to those channels that were actually affected by the channel merger. I tried '60's on 6' (6) this morning and it sounded pretty good. Other channels like Elvis (19) and Willie's Place (56) sounded terrible.:confused::confused:

8. Jun 2, 2011 #8 of 13
    seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I don't know if there is a relationship between a moved channel and the drops, but the channel I listen to moved on xm and now I am getting drops every hour and worse reception when I get away from Richmond then I did prior to this.

9. Jun 2, 2011 #9 of 13
    sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    Had the same issue yesterday on XM, almost like a CD skipping. Changed channels didn't have the issue, when I went back later to the channel it seemed OK. Hopefully they resolve the issue(s).

10. dlt

dlt Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    It is not happening on all channels, just a few, BPM was REALLY bad on Wednesday, every few minutes it was cutting in and out.

11. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Been discussing this on a Mustang Forum, lot of us have been getting this problem on the Sirius side. I've only noticed it on Lithium, and yesterday I swear I saw the channel number skip to 184 for a split second (normally 34). Haven't noticed it at all on my XM stuff.

12. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    Have siriusxm in new malibu and having same drop-outs. Thought something was wrong with my radio. First time user also.

13. miggo

miggo AllStar

Feb 28, 2007
    I called them yesterday to ask why I might be having this problem. The 1st level of support resent the activation signal then transferred me to someone else. All I got from her was that the recievers are not cd quality and if I want cd quality audio I need to subscribe to internet radio. Not much help there.