SiriusXM Updating...

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by GLJones, Jan 2, 2019.

1. GLJones

GLJones AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    In the past few weeks, EVERYTIME I get in my cars and start the engine, instead of hearing my satellite radio, I see this message for 30-60 seconds. I did see it every month or two before that but just recently, it is really annoying and everytime I start the car. No, this is not a radio issue as it is occuring in two seperate vehicles PLUS our van that recently started forgetting its authorization and I have to call and send the authorization EVERY time I power up the radio, even after getting gas.

Anyone else seeing this? Is this some new annoying anti-fraud attempt? Are they updating the channel list daily? Part of my problem is, the radio in one car is unresponsive until it finishes updating so I cannot adjust the volume or select anything else until it completes, including terrestrial radio.

compnurd likes this.
  2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I have seen that message more often lately but not every day. I believe it was in connection to the Christmas channel name changes and previews.
    I have not had to call for authorization. After the channels update the last tuned channel starts playing.

3. MrWindows

MrWindows New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix,...
    I have a 2013 Ford Flex with Sync2 and Sirius. This happens any time there is a change in the channel lineup. It usually happens just after I start the car in the morning, and usually lasts a couple of minutes, while it shows an 'Updating...' progress bar. My annoyance is that when it's done, it doesn't go away unless I switch touchscreen functions, like going to the phone interface and back again. The update has occurred a couple of times in the last week as James mentioned, most likely due to the Holiday channels returning to their regular programming.

4. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    It has been normal for me to see this a couple times a year but it’s been about every day for the last two weeks.