SiriusXM's The Calm Channel?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by GoLongAndChopChop881, Jun 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. GoLongAndChopChop881

GoLongAndChopChop881 Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Calm as a limited-run channel is on SXM's satellite and streaming platforms on Ch 708.

For DISH itself, I was listening to Spa (Ch 99.68), but when the song is over, the annoucer says "The Calm Channel, on SiriusXM". Despite the EPG still says Spa, I'm pretty sure if DISH will update the SXM channels a little soon.

BTW, here's the full SXM channel list from DISH with up-to-date logos created by me.
    [​IMG]

Dishdude714 likes this.
  2. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    The Calm Channel is temporarily taken the satellite spots used by Spa. While The Calm Channel is running Spa is only available on Sirius XM's streaming platform. For Dish customers it seems The Calm Channel has temporarily taken over Spa's channel slot as well.

For satellite radio customers Spa retains its channel 68 slot but it is online only. The Calm Channel is on channel 708 and available on XM, Sirius & Sirius XM branded radios (this is rare as usually Sirius XM branded radios are typically the only ones getting channels in the 300+ range.)

It seems The Calm Channel will exit and Spa will return to its normal positions in July.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    When I request channel 68 by number on my Google Assistant I get "Calm". I have not checked my car radio. DISH retransmits what they are sent. I believe they have a direct feed from Sirius for each channek - not using the SiriusXM satellite system.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    68 on my car radio is also Calm.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  5. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Also, while it appears The Bridge is still on 99.32 on DISH, on SXM radios it's been moved to 17, while 32 is now Top 500 Hits of the 1980's. (don't understand why they didn't just put that on 17 & leave The Bridge where it was... :rolleyes: )

Dishdude714 likes this.
  6. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    On the satellite radios Dave Matthews Band Radio is being added on a permanent basis. To make room for this change the following adjustments were made:
    • Z100 was moved from Channel 12 to Channel 769. For most packages this channel is now available as a Streaming Only channel (i.e. all versions of Select is streaming only.) The online channel listing says XM All Access, XM Premier, Sirius All Access, Sirius Premier, SiriusXM All Access and SiriusXM Premier can receive this channel via satellite. (Anyone with All Access or Premier want to confirm this?) o_O
    • Pop Rocks moved from Channel 17 to Channel 12.
    • The Bridge moved from Channel 32 to Channel 17.
    • Dave Matthews Band Radio permanent home on Channel 30. (Some radios can receive this channel via satellite while other customers can only get this via streaming only.)
    • Limited Run Channel - Previously on Channel 30 moved to Channel 32.

Dishdude714 likes this.