Sling 500

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Tritron, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Tritron

Tritron Member

Dec 7, 2019
    I wonder if anyone is using sling 500 with direct tv. Any issues getting premium channels to stream ? I wonder if anyone knows what servers ips or fully qualified domain names sling is using to connect to servers.

2. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    Been using a Slingbox500 for about 6 years now. Used a Monsoon Vulkano for about 4 years before that. Switched because the Slingbox500 supported simultaneous component and HDMI connections and would transmit component if there were HDCP conflicts. Slingbox500 started having HDCP issues about 2 years ago, so I disconnected the HDMI and now everything flows. Slingbox500 supports 4 resolutions from 480p to 1080p. I travel for work and use the Slingbox500 to watch DirecTV pretty much every night. I plug the laptop into the HDMI port on the hotel TVs. For 480p and 1080p you will need 1 Mb/sec and 5 Mb/sec up from home and 1 Mb/sec and 5 Mb/sec down at the remote location respectively.

You download the SlingPlayer software and create a login name and password. Everything else is automatic.

AZ. likes this.
  3. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    This is very close to my use also....Liked that old Volkano!
    Seeing that I pay for every sport add on, its nice to be able to take the games with me anywhere!...Im on my second Sling 500