1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sling adapter for VIP 722 and possable upgrade questions

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rb8484, Jan 26, 2011.

1. rb8484

rb8484 New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hello everyone. I am currently out of contract with dish and want to add a sling player. Will they work with you on the $99 price is you sign a 24mo agreement? Also, I had HD a while back, but had canceled it. I still have the VIP722, but is there a better receiver for HD that I should ask for? When I signed up for HD, they installed the 722 and 2 dishes. One is a dual LNB that points to the southwest, and the other dish is a single LNB that points to the southeast.
    My father just got dish to upgrade him to HD free and did not have to sign up for autopay, I wonder if I can get them to do this for me as well. I dont like autopay and I dont want to pay the $100 fee.

Any help on what to ask for before I call them?

Thanks in advance!

2. TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    As far as the 99$ charge for the Sling Adapter its static. Can't waive it. There is no current authorization to waive the charge on the Sling Adapter as it is purchased equipment (you own it) and not leased. It would be like Walmart waiving the charge on a TV.

Getting HD Free For Life as an existing customer has only two ways to get it as well currently; the $99 one time charge is to avoid the 2yr contract with auto-pay with paperless billing. Not sure what luck you would have getting that waived but I could take a looksie and see what the chances are.

Lastly, verify your network can handle it. Minimum 3 Mbps upload for PC connectivity to the Sling Adapter. If you can hit that then you should have no problems (aside from some settings adjustments) with the device working properly. Holler back if you have any other questions.

3. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

Check into Dish Network's VIP922.:)