Sling problems

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by finniganps, Oct 11, 2011.

1. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Is anyone having Sling problems? I had a number of problems and finally got it up and working through advanced broadband support this weekend. Then the tech said that a new problem has come up and many people can't access their receiver from dishonline.com? I can login...it shows the receivers, but it says they are offline? Tech support said it's a known issue, but they don't know how to fix it yet? Any thoughts/feedback?

2. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    Every time I believe the Sling/ DRA/DO is fixed I read reports like yours. For weeks I could not access Dish Remote Access. DishOnline would work but my recordings and timers were not visible 95% of the time, reload and refresh did not work.
    A week or so ago my account server number was changed from 14 to 35, this after many "Feed back" request for help. Since that change everything has worked.
    This has been one of the screwiest experiences I've had in a long time. We were told DishOnline was replacing DRA at one point yet clearly DRA is alive and well for many. And for many DishOnline is the culprit now since the advent of Blockbuster.
    I tried deleting cookies, logging in, out, whatever....there was never any reason to the success or failures of getting it to work....until the server number on the http. address changed. Clearly this is on Dish's end, wether it ever gets totally fixed? probably........

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Receivers / programming you need to wait at least 6mo. before investing in it so DISH CUSTOMERS can debug it.

4. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Yep over a week here!

DRA I can get in, wrong guide info(like wrong city) no DVR and shows off line and is. No streaming?

DO same messed up guide, no DVR I can stream live TV and change channels with up/down arrows. The timers are still set and recording because If I go to live TV Ill see the program, but cant over ride it.

Talked to broadband support, said problem has been going on for 3 weeks, but not many complaints as of late....

Realy????

Maybe were so fed up with crap streaming and problems were sick and tired of calling, or just plane used to it working only 30% of the time????

And can I ask were has the Dirt team been on this??? What outa site outa mind??? I dont get it!!!!!

5. TVBob

TVBob Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 19, 2003
    I have not been able to use DRA or DO or my Dish Android app. to access my Sling adapter/ViP722 since Saturday (3 days ago). See this thread. I only use it while traveling. The last time I used it successfully was back in June.

This morning I asked to speak to a broadband support supervisor. He said that Dish is "aware of the problem," agreed that the problems seemed to start "about 3 weeks ago" when Blockbuster integration was added. Engineering asked support to "gather information" about each offline box, because they believe "it is hit or miss, working OK in some areas, not working in others, or only partially working." They could not estimate when the problem will be fixed.

I bet it has something to do with the back-end servers; some working OK, some not. Maybe they were all supposed to get updated, but only some of them did.

If you know someone who has DRA or DO working perfectly right now, someone using a Sling adapter, please post something here. It is hard to believe that this is only affecting some of us, not all of us. If everyone is down, they really should post something about that as a banner on top of the DRA or DO web sites.

6. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I am able to log into DO right now, I see all my recordings, I can play any of them, I can schedule recordings from Guide. Main issue I have is guide doesn't show all the high digit channels. No problem watching any movie or show on the "On Demand" tab.

It obviously has a lot of problems. At first I thought there was nothing there, but after a "refresh", and clicking buttons in a certain order (not sure what I did), all my recordings came up. Showed 3 "scheduling conflicts" and asked to resolve, but doesn't let you move the show that conflicts to resolve it. Much easier to do on the TV.

Just needs to be more reliable, and better UI. I'm on Firefox 6.02 if that matters, afraid to upgrade to 7.0 for fear of everything failing.

7. insimbi

insimbi AllStar

Jun 2, 2006
    I was unable to see any of my recordings or timers until I actually clicked on a movie in the Guide (Dish Online) to schedule a recording for tomorrow. Once I did that, my recordings and timers showed up under the DVR tab.

Just thought I'd pass this on as it helped resolve my issue.

8. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I can get the guide up, but when I click on DVR it says I'm not connected....nothing seems to change that.

9. dlt

dlt Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    My reciever downstaris works fine, but the reciever upstairs says there is no connection.

10. gokartergo

gokartergo AllStar

Jul 8, 2011
    My 922 is working fine.. And so is the 722k with a sling adapter..

11. TVBob

TVBob Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 19, 2003
    Are you using http://www.dishonline.com (DO), http://dish.sling.com (DRA), http://watch.slingbox.com, iPhone, Android, or ? Firefox or IE? Do all of the above work perfectly (DVR, Guide, "Watch Live") or only some things? Is your ViP722 in Single-User or Dual mode?

My ViP722 is in Single-User mode. In the past, whenever I connected via DRA, the lights would change and the DVR would temporarily switch to Dual Mode while DRA was connected, then return to Single-User mode whenever I logged off.

Tonight I discovered that I can use DO to "Watch Live". The guide seems OK, but clicking on a show in the guide and selecting "Watch online" does not change the channel. The DVR tab reports that my DVR is not online, even though I am able to stream live OK. This makes no sense.

Using DRA, the guide looks OK, but trying to switch to a show or view the DVR recordings reports that my DVR is off line.

The Android app. shows nothing, no guide, no live, only "Your DVR appears to be off line".

12. JR_Baas

JR_Baas AllStar

May 5, 2005
    My receiver is in dual mode. I have tried to connect in IE 9, Firefox 7, Ipad app, and Adroid app. I have not been able to connect to my DVR for weeks. Is any from DIRT around to explain this?

13. Klatu

Klatu Cool Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Can't connect with my HTC anymore. Don't need it right now, so I guess I will wait until it gets fixed or call when I have time. I can still do Crackle and Netflix. My 722 has the latest L721 upgrade as of Monday. Last week I could get Dish through my Sling adapter.

14. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    Started on the 922, now the 722 quit working. Both the android app, and the online PC version don't find the receivers. Not even watch now. We have 3 different kinds of androids in my family. None work. :-(

15. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    722k with sling adapter.

Live TV works fine, pops up image of the 722k remote for channel changes, FFW, REW, but no REC or other DVR functions on remote work.

Likewise when I click on DVR above the image it changes pages but no listing of my recordings shows up and no timers appear.

I added a manual timer and it does not appear there either.

I went to the guide and tried to set a timer but the screen just turned white and stayed there - no error messages, no timer.

16. lsokoloff

lsokoloff AllStar

Nov 15, 2006
    722k here and I'm out of town trying to use OL. Can get Live TV on Firefox, but cannot access my recordings or see my timers as many of you are saying. Had two chat sessions with DISH over the last two days. Their answer was to just keep checking for the fix. Might take 72 hours. I think they just wanted to shut me up and move on.

Interesting that I was in England last month and tried to use OL. Got a message that it could not be accessed outside of the US. However, RA access worked perfectly. RA has always worked perfectly for me whereever I was, so they decided that they better put an end to that. OL has always been more of a problem for me.

Len

17. iamretired911

iamretired911 New Member

Sep 13, 2011
    MY sling on the 722 has been DOA for about 2 weeks. Online was working till last week. Now I cannot connect anywhere anytime. On face book I contacted The Dish, and it went like this....
    ME:Hi Raymond. THis has been an ongoing issue for 2 weeks. I have called, chatted and even spoke with a tech supervisor and still nadda. I have been trying my the web-PC, Ipad, Iphone, Android device and still zero results. All I have been told that it is a system wide problem but I take that as wried if it is just me or is it others?
    DISH:There is a known issue that we are working to resolve. However there are some troubleshooting steps that I can go through with you to connect the Sling Adapter. Are you currently logged into Dish Online? ~Raymond G.
    ME:Yes and this has been noted in my case file from days ago.
    DISH: Please try again in a few days.
    ME:eek:k

A few days ago,
    ME: Anythis yet?
    DISH:Hey Mike, as of right now we are having issues with it connecting to other devices. We are working on a fix for this right now to get our customers back up to Sling on their devices. - Mike H.
    ME:Okay Mike, thanks. So this is a nationwide problem?
    DISH:It is a nationwide issue. - Mark H

SO I guess I will have to wait :( :(

18. IndyTim

IndyTim AllStar

Nov 11, 2007
    Tried to record from remote location through my laptop (IE), both thru Dish and Sling. Shows 722 receiver not connected (I know it is) and wanted to record a movie off Showtime East, which didn't show up in my channel listing options. The other Showtime channels were listed. Frustrating.... haven't had time to contact support.

19. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I'm the original poster....suddenly it is working with Firefox after I downloaded the app. I haven't tried it with IE yet or with the I-touch yet.

20. schmack

schmack AllStar

Sep 10, 2005
    I have been having many problems with Sling of late.

At the moment my 922 can stream live TV via Dish Online, but nothing recorded is available. The "My Recordings" list is empty. In the past I can reload and sometimes get it to populate the data, but for the past few days I have not been able to see any recordings at all.

Any ideas?