1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slingbox and direct tv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by prop, Oct 30, 2018.

1. prop

prop New Member

May 2, 2006
    anybody using a slingbox with a direct tv hd /dvr?looking into it for when i`m away from home.

2. doctor j

doctor j Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2006
    Birmingham, Al.
    I've used it in the past.
    Works great with good UPLOAD internet.
    Unfortunately ,in my present setup, DSL with only ~ 1.5 mb/sec upload is barely watchable .
    Doctor j

3. Davey4000

Davey4000 New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Works good for me. I have 25 mb/sec DSL. If you’re using it wireless you want to make sure the Slingbox location in your house has a good WIFI signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Dont use the HDMI cable as some programming and alot of sports wont stream!......I love my Sling box

dtv757 likes this.
  5. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    Yes.
    Monsoon Vulkano and Sling 500
    Upload from the house used to be a problem but now have 1Gb fiber, measured 950Mb Up/960 Mb down.
    Now occasionally the only problem is hotel down at wherever I'm staying.

edit: Added the Slingbox 500 after because of HDMI HDCP.
    Simultaneously connects both HDMI and Component.

6. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    correct don't use HDMI connect it via component video .
    I had it connected to a genie mini and i purchased the component video adapter online and it worked great but it does not work with the 4k minis. i get the HDMI protection error (via HDMI)

also i was on 3 MEG DSL and it worked fine cause it was hard wired 2 a switch and hard wired 2 the router.

7. prop

prop New Member

May 2, 2006
    i got a slingbox 500.all hooked up and working on my phone ,tablet and older laptop.my newer laptop has issues and i can`t get it to work,it just keeps loading.i think it has to do with the latest windows upgrade.it works pretty good on on my samsung phone and tablet but on my laptop i can only get a small tv box in the upper corner of the setup screen,i can`t figure out how to expand it to full screen.also how do i cast my phone or tablet to the tv?i have casting apps on both but they don`t show up on the slingbox screen.thanks for any help