Slingbox SOLO and WET11 Wireless Bridge config?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by leadout_kv, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadout_kv

leadout_kv Mentor

Nov 4, 2006
    I just purchased a Slingbox SOLO and successfully connected the SOLO to my HR20. All works fine although the network connection for the SOLO is currently directly connected to my verizon router using a Cat5e cable across my bedroom floor. The wife is not happy :nono2: .

Has anyone successfully connected ANY slingbox to a Linksys WET11 wireless bridge? If so do you have specific instructions?

The WET11 works fine with other devices such as laptops, a PS2, and even my HR20. I just can't get the SOLO working with the WET11. I am aware that Slingmedia's website recommends against the WET11 but I'm not quiting that easily.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
    Mike

2. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    I use the WET54G without a hitch on my HR20. You may want to look at the WET600 at some point to get multiple connections at the entertainment center. I just ordered the SMC 4 Port Ethernet Client for espansion and N speeds wirelessly.

If Slingbox is posting negative on the WET11, there must be a reason. I am surprised you are having dificulties with it.

3. leadout_kv

leadout_kv Mentor

Nov 4, 2006
    Are you saying that you have a slingbox connected to your WET54G or only your HR20?

My HR20 works fine with my WET11...that's not the problem. The problem is using my WET11 when connected to my Slingbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.