slingbox

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by jpos832, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Sep 7, 2007 #1 of 10
    jpos832

jpos832 Mentor

Aug 13, 2007
    hey, anyone have any luck using a slingbox with dish service? i've got a vip722. i dont really want the hassle of buyin something that wont work for me. any ideas?

2. Sep 7, 2007 #2 of 10
    cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    I use my sling with the Dish 622 and it works great.

3. Sep 8, 2007 #3 of 10
    Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
  4. Sep 8, 2007 #4 of 10
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I know you're asking about Dish, but man do I love my slingbox! It changed my life as much as my first DVR!

5. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I have a Slingbox and an new Sprint Palm Treo 750 PDA.

Yesterday my wife and I were driving from Grand Junction to Denver listening to the Broncos/Raiders on various FM stations without very good reception. I stopped in Eagle, just outside Glenwood Canyon and thought about trying to get the game on the Treo.

I was able to get the Powervison signal and my wife was able to watch the game all the way back to Denver, including throughout the entire Eisenhower Tunnel!!!!

We lost signal for only about 5 minutes during the 130 miles from Eagle to Denver. :D

My wife now loves the Slingbox and my Treo. :joy:

A little WAF goes a long way when you are a gadget freak. :icon_da:

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    My wife spent time in the airport watching TV before her last trip, and she thinks the slingbox was a great investment.

Personally I think it's a life-changing device, as much as a DVR is.

7. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I don't travel that often, but man .. when I do. Slingbox is awesome. Definitely worth it, IMHO.

8. cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    I completely agree. What's really nice is there in no monthly fee, which seems so many companies are migrating to.

9. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Sling on a laptop in a hotel room certainly beats the 13 grainy channels available in the room.

10. NoNameEMT

NoNameEMT Ambulance Doctor

Dec 13, 2006
    I use my slingbox with my windows mobile phone ALL the time while at work and sitting on the side of the road in the ambulance. Even through an EVDO netowrk connection the quality is great, and I can control my entire system. Quality on the computer is even better and very adaptive to changing network conditions.

I agree with Stuart, Slingbox is definately comparable to getting a DVR, once you start using it you'll find yourself wondering how you got along without it.