Slow Guide loading

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Andrew Sullivan, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Andrew Sullivan

Andrew Sullivan Active Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Suddenly today when I hit my guide button there is a very unusual log delay before it finally pops up on the screen. Anybody else? I have been using the HS17 for the last three years. Also remote is slow to respond to scrolling up and down.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yup. I've gotten used to that. Happens on all the DVRs I have from time to time. Especially when you turn them on for the first time after they've been "off" for a while. Got that HDD anywhere near full?

Rich

3. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    Yeah Rich I have also had it happen with other DVR's but it seems to be happening more often and for longer durations. It's more of an inconvenience when I am scrolling and there is a noticeable delay between pushing the button and seeing any response. I admit that I am a perfectionist and probably expect too much but as the great philosopher Popeye said, I yam what I yam.

4. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I don't think expecting perfection from D* stuff is gonna do anything but frustrate you. Nothing we can do about this that I know of. Just gotta live with it. And vent that frustration here.

Rich

5. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Uh, can you double check the DVR you have an post the model number again? Cause you haven’t had an hs17 for 3 years, it’s only been out for 6 months...

6. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    A miss type on my part. Three months is the correct number. I never noticed this with the HR54 nor did I notice the problem with the 17 until the new upgrade. It's a minor annoyance but critiques are the only way to give feedback to "D".

7. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    I would suggest you run a system test - if everything comes back fine.

Then do a search on CLEARMYBOX search all - the receiver will restart flush the guide and all VOD information and rebuild it.

see if that helps

8. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    Clearmybox is a new one on me. Is it through the menu?

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    How long have you had a 17?

Rich

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Search feature. Go to Search and type in CLEARMYBOX and then hit the Red button. The HR will reboot. That's all you have to do.

Rich

11. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Go to Smart Search, enter CLEARMYBOX, highlight keyword and press red button on your remote. This will clear the data guide database. Allow 24-48 hours for all features to repopulate.

12. Andrew Sullivan

Dec 7, 2017
    OK I did exactly that. Thank you for the information.

Rich likes this.