1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow HR-22

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by semi-novice, May 1, 2012.

1. semi-novice

semi-novice New Member

May 1, 2012
    When I input a change, such as a channel change, I often have to wait 15 or 20 seconds for the change to take effect. While waiting I get frustrated and input 4or 5 more times. Then suddenly all 5 inputs will kick in. When I call Directv, they offer some lame solution requiring me to go to Amazon to buy a replacement receiver. Or they offer to take my money, without promising what they will send me! This from what use to be a great customer service company. I've been with Directv since 1996, but I'm ready to leave.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    If they are offering you a credit for getting one on Amazon, get an HR24 from Solid Signal or Value Electronics and use the credit to replace the HR22. Being a replacement for a defective (?) unit should not extend your contract, if that is what they are telling you to do.

3. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    i think the op is stating that in order to get a specific model he needs to go online