1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow motion not working on my HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BJB, Sep 27, 2012.

1. BJB

BJB Mentor

Oct 8, 2007
    I've had many HR DVRs and I know slow motion can be quirky. But it just does NOT work on my HR34. I can hold that "play" button as long as I want and I don't get slow mo.

My searches turned up issues people have had using non DTV remotes but I am using the standard remote.

Known issue with the hr34?
    BJB

2. mattzane227

mattzane227 New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Works for me, not sure why yours is having issues.

3. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    maybe your remotes defective? see if dtv will send you a new remote,if you still have problems have them send out a tech so he can see for himself what its doing.

4. BJB

BJB Mentor

Oct 8, 2007
    Thanks. I have several other DTV remotes around and tried a few others and it did not make a difference.

Only other thing I can think of is I use an IR repeater to inside a cabinet but that's never been a problem with any of my other HR units.

BJB

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    If it's inside a cabinet have you tried RF?

6. BJB

BJB Mentor

Oct 8, 2007
    I wish I could use RF....unforunately due to some of the remotes and control I use, I need to stick to IR.

I do plan to rip some things out and use the remote directly. Perhaps the HR34 is more sensitive to it than my HR2X units were which worked fine.

Thanks,
    BJB

7. BJB

BJB Mentor

Oct 8, 2007
    I thought I would share that the following tip (which was posted to help general DVR remote responsiveness) solved my problem and allowed slow motion to work through the repeater most of the time. Perhaps it can help someone else out which is the only reason I posted to this old thread!

It is still quirky, but at least it works!

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=184693

A strange side note.....I turned RF on for one of my other HR2X units and slow motion would not work at all! :)
    BJB

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
  9. BJB

BJB Mentor

Oct 8, 2007
    Thanks. I fixed the URL for the next unsuspecting reader that doesn't make it to your post!
    BJB