1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Trickplay

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by n3ntj, Dec 6, 2018.

1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I've noticed in the past 6 months or so trickplay is fairly slow to respond. For example when watching a program and moving back and forth among the tick marks in the program using the FFWD, RW, and 30 sec skips. You used to be able to quickly jump from tick mark to tick mark, but now the response is very slow.. causing you to easily miss the tick mark you want because you press it a few times thinking it didn't take only to find that it did take but was delayed 3 or 4 secs. Are others seeing this?? I have the HR54 and C61k. Both are on the latest general release software. I don't know if the slow trickplay is a bug or someone designed it to work so slowly.

2. H1awatha

H1awatha New Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Describe where the cable feeding the Genie is coming from... Wall plate or from outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Read this: What happens if I put a 1TB SSD in my HR44-700?

Rich

4. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    From the LNB, the coax (RG-6) goes to a 3-way splitter inside the home where it then separately feeds the C61k and the HR54. No wall plates. A short run to the C61k which is near there the feed enters the home and an approx. 50' run of RG-6 to the HR54. I see the same trickplay delay on both units.

No exterior HDDs in play here.. only the built-in HDD that came with the HR54.