Smallest Dish package I can have add ons

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Oct 14, 2019.

1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have a good deal with Dish, but the one year deal is coming to an end in a couple of months. I have been trying to find the channels I want included, but there are no other packages that have everything I want. I have no idea if Dish will offer me another deal, but if they do not, I may look for other options. I have AT250+Movies+Locals+Supers now. I plan to stay with Dish even if I have to go with a small package to keep locals, movies & supers. I may have to pick up the rest of the stuff via a streaming service like Hulu live. Not that I want to, but being on a fixed income and the prices keep increasing, I may have to do something else. Hope not, but I will know in a couple months. Okay, what is the smallest package Dish offers I can keep supers, locals, and movies with?
    I have been with Dish for 20 years now and I even own my equipment. I have been with them through thick and thin I have been pretty dedicated. Thanks.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I can't go to dish site (forbidden for abroad people), but recall Flex was the smallest one.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Check channels 9605 (Flex Pack) and 9606 (Channel Packs).

4. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I looked at Flex. Too many missing channels I want. I wish they offered something like AT250 without the Sports channels to keep the price down.
    The Smart pack or other small packs allow no add-ons? Why go to AT120,as I would lose all of the Encores, etc and still pay close to what I am currently paying. Saving $20 a month and losing a ton of good channels, is not to my liking. I can see there are not enough good options.I do not want to switch to totally streaming either. I like Dish and I get a lot of stuff not available elsewhere. Hopefully when the deal runs out, Dish will be helpful. I have always had good luck with Dish.

5. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    IIRC, if you change your programming package, you will probably loose your super stations as they are grandfathered and no longer offered.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    If he keeps the SUperstations package, he probably would keep them if he changes AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T DISCONTINUE THEM.

renegade likes this.
  7. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I was told a couple year ago by the CSR that if I changed to another package like Flex, I could keep the supers. But I have no idea if the CSR was correct. I guess I will have to see what Dish can offer me in December.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Unless someone fat fingers and removes them you should be able to keep the Superstations.

9. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Does a package like the Smart Pack allow add ons?

10. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    It used too. Like anything else DISH call in today to find out current rules.

11. renegade

renegade Cool Member

Jul 28, 2011
    I changed from AT-200 to the Flex Pack when it was first offered and did not lose the Superstations.

tsmacro and mwdxer like this.
  12. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Thanks.

13. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I have also changed from AT200 to the Flex Pack and have kept my two Superstations (I subscribe to the two NYC channels). I was going to go back to AT200 when basketball season started next week but since Sinclair wants to play hard to get with its newly acquired Fox Sports RSNs it looks like I'll have to be considering some streaming services to get them.

14. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I looked at my options, Spectrum, Direct,or dropping to a smaller package, or streaming as a fill in, but either too expensive or I would not get the channels I get with Dish packages, so hopefully they can continue with some discount as I have been with them for 20 years. I still get the best deal with Dish, plus with the Fire TV, I have Dish Anywhere. I have AT250+Movies+Supers. Thanks for the feedback.

15. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Good luck !

mwdxer likes this.
  16. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Dish has always been very good to me. I complain very rarely and I have been a customer for 20 years and they also did not have to put out $$$ as I own my equipment and maintain it all. I have looked at many options through the years (I consider myself a savvy shopper) but I cannot find anything out there that fits my needs as well as Dish does. Too many gaps in programming elsewhere. Also too many added on fees, rate increases, etc. I have no extra fees having one vip211k with the OTA module as well as the HDD add on. A single guy nearly 71, Streaming still has a long way to go. It is a great add-on, but not for my main watching habits.
    Sure they have plenty of disputes, all of the carriers do. Have I been happy losing channels throughout the years?, Of course not. But for what I get from Dish still has the best price. Sure Direct, cable, will give you a half off price for the first year, but unless you want to jump from carrier to carrier, which I don't, you have to pay more. No, I do not work for Dish, never have. :) But in the 20 years I have been with Dish, compared to everything else I have read about, heard about, tried, etc, I would give Dish 5 Stars!