smart search not working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Eupher, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Eupher

Eupher New Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Smart Search has apparently stopped working on both our HDDVR's - an HR22/100 and an HR24/500. The guide is populated out to two weeks, and future shows correctly appear in the guide, but a smart search for those shows returns no results. For instance, by scrolling out in the guide we can see multiple showings of "Columbo" - but searching on "Columbo" returns a result of "No shows."

Anyone else experienced this? Any info appreciated.

Ken S.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    SmartSearch is working with my Genie. Just did a search for "Columbo" and it came up with seasons 2-8. However, when I look for info on actors and directors I banked in SmartSearch I get "There are no matching programs at this time".

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My HR24 shows 13 TV airings on channel 565 which I do not get.
    When was the last time you did a Reset of the receiver ?
    To Reset press Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Reset and press Select on the highlighted first item, Restart my Receiver and then press the Dash ( - ) button to confirm.
    This will take about 10 minutes to complete. After that it will take about 48 hours for the Guide to refill the data.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Are your units connected to the Internet? What part of the country are you in?

And have you cleared all info to see if that helps? Double reset it a clearmybox keyword search?

5. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I long ago kicked my HR24 off the internet. Got tired of seeing this issue pop up every 3 months and having no way to report it to the correct person. There is not a single person at DirecTV who you can reach by phone that knows that connected boxes search via the cloud and that the problem is on DirecTVs end.

Inkahauts was on all my threads complaining about it! haha

Now that my box is off the internet, my guide is populated flawlessly via satellite... and bonus... the live show flag is populated correctly too :) where on a connected DVR, its broken... of course...