Smithsonian Channel now in select packages

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by techguy88, Jun 10, 2020.

1. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Over on the AT&T TV Now Reddit users began posting about Smithsonian Channel being included in the grandfathered Go Big and Gotta Have It All packages.

AT&T TV Now's website now lists Smithsonian Channel in their versions of Xtra and Ultimate.

On AT&T TV's channel line-up Smithsonian is also listed in Xtra & Ultimate.

I asked a friend who works in the call center about DirecTV since the new online channel line-up doesn't show Smithsonian Channel in any base package as of today.

My friend checked and confirmed to me that Smithsonian Channel is now included in DirecTV's versions of Xtra, Ultimate and Premier according to their internal guidance about Smithsonian Channel specifically. He also said it would be included in AT&T TV's version of Premier when that package launches (date still TBA).

On AT&T TV, AT&T TV Now and DirecTV all other customers who don't have a package listed above can still get Smithsonian Channel with Movies Extra Pack.

2. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    One of the reasons I kept HD Extra (or whatever they call it now) was for that channel. It's the only channel of that bunch regularly used by more than one household member.

(I always thought I should be "entitled" to that channel being a Showtime subscriber, as they were the "owner.")

At any rate, nice to know we shouldn't lose it if I drop the extra pack.

direcdt likes this.
  3. direcdt

direcdt AllStar

Aug 15, 2012
    Good. I can now dump HD Extra...

4. catocony

catocony Cool Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Since History Channel and it's sister channels don't actually show historical stuff anymore, I'm glad I have Smithsonian now.

studechip, Dishdude714 and krel like this.
  5. jal

jal Icon

Mar 3, 2005
    I’m seeing all the Movies Extra channels now without signing up for the package. Are they on because of a preview or has something changed?

mitchflorida likes this.
  6. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    It looks like the free preview ends tomorrow night.