1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNY Blackout Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Hawkridge, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Hawkridge

Hawkridge New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    New to the forum, although been a long time reader. I have a question and I figured if I can't get it answered here, I won't be able to get it answered anywhere. I am in Charlotte, NC; get the MLB package to watch my Mets (no comments please) and get the Sports Pack to get other SNY programming (pre-game, post- game, etc.) However, there is some non-live action sports programming that gets blacked out. Why are some programs on the SNY Network not available to me, and is there any way around it?

2. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I've seen quite alot of sports magazine type shows on the sports pack from other RSNs blacked out.It seems senseless to me !

3. Hawkridge

Hawkridge New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Nobody?

4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    It would help if you would name a specific show that's blacked out since it's usually tied to what footage a given show has. (i.e. any show that has over a certain ammount of MLB footage is usually blacked out because they're strict about RSNs only having regional rights to it)

5. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I have noticed the blackout of most of the NFL-related shows on non-FSN (like CSN, TWC, etc) RSNs a lot recently. On SNY (and STO) I see a lot of their respective baseball team's shows being blacked out, now, too. This is not the case with NESN, YES, MSG, Root, or the FSNs. MASN is local to me, so I dont have the issue there.

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Simple answer is SNY doesn't own national rights to some things. Especially shows with game footage in them. Old games, some documentaries.