1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNY in HD On Ch 388?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by drillhead, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drillhead

drillhead Cool Member

Mar 24, 2007
    The dishchannel chart (EKB on DBSTalk) shows ch 388 (61.6 sat) as carrying SNY in HD. Is this true? If so, I guess I "didn't get the memo"! Thanks for any info...

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    EKB shows which channels are uplinked as well as available to customers. SNY was uplinked some time ago. It is not yet available to customers.

3. saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    The little note (1) in the box to right means that the channel is not yet available. The channel has only been uplinked at this point.

4. rbaggio00

rbaggio00 Cool Member

Mar 22, 2007
    so does that mean that we are close on getting SNY HD

5. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    Depends on your definition of "close." I believe the channel has been uplinked for about 2-3 months now. The sports network "Yes" has been uplinked on 2 different occasions. I believe the Yes network is as far away from E* as it ever has. No one knows when or if E* will carry SNY-HD except for possibly Charlie, and he may not even know that one.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Not really. It just means that E* engineering is playing with the system. The correct content may not even be uplinked on those channels. Just a pointer that may go nowhere and possibly some guide information.

With the recent HD RSN press release I would expect no new RSNs for a while. If SNY HD comes be surprised like the rest of us ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.