1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Did You Use DP With NFLST Sunday 9/13/09?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dreadlk, Sep 13, 2009.

So Did You Use DP With NFLST Today 9/13/09?

1. Yes) I Used It All Day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes) I Used It For A Little Bit

58 vote(s)
    58.6%
  3. No) I Don't Ever Use Any Of This Stuff During Games

19 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. No) I Stuck To The Old Methods

16 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. No) I Got Boned And Still Have Gotten No Update :(

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    So lets see how many people used DP during the Games ( Please Be HONEST). I know many people might not have wanted to deviate from what they are familiar with, namely just Recording or using Trick Play especially since they recently got this new feature. I know some will go for it and hope they don't kill the buffer by mistake and Many others seem to still be waiting for the Update.

2. lbluvhidef

lbluvhidef New Member

Sep 23, 2006
    I definitely used it. My Steelers didn't play but I was switching back and forth between games and rewinding if I missed anything. Just so much easier than having to hit record if you want to switch back and forth. My attention span is too short to have to watch commercials.

3. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Used it and loved it!

4. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    You know I did. :) Even with 5 screens of NFL, I used DP on the main screen. Woohoo! :)

5. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Would of if I had the stinking thing. It was a bust for today.

6. vtfan99

vtfan99 Legend

Apr 11, 2006
    I just wish I had the damn update. I know they like to roll it out slowly...but this is killing me.

7. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    As I think about it, I even used it briefly on one of the secondary screens during the overlap of the 1pm and 4pm games (ET). :)

8. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Your the Man Tom :) I Chickened out for fear of an impending frying Pan hit if the Buffer Flushed :lol:

9. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Pictures? We like pictures here. :D

10. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Yesssssssssssssss!

11. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    From time to time, I'll record the Packer game to avoid a recording conflict (most often on Monday nite games.) Has the side benefit of preventing a buffer flush--tho I'm rarely using the buffer for more than one play.

Cheers,
    Tom

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Used it during a couple of the early games. Very nice.

13. zudy

zudy Legend

Jul 22, 2009
    I used the hell out of that thing. If I had it.

14. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    Sorry. As far as I can tell, you should have it soon, most likely this week.

Cheers,
    Tom

15. Tallgntlmn

Tallgntlmn Icon

Jun 7, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Had RZC on one tuner and the Bucs on the other. But I switched the non-RZC tuner several times to other games. I used DP to switch between Was/NYG and the Cardinals/9ers for the late games. I don't know what I would have done had D* not given us that feature.

16. nuspieds

nuspieds Legend

Aug 9, 2008
    Absolutely...and allllllll day long!!!! Double Play was meant for Sunday Ticket!

All other uses for other programming are collateral benefits. :D

17. colts19

colts19 Mentor

Feb 1, 2007
    I used it all day would pause one channel watch other channel for 40 mins or so then pause that channel and switch to other channel and watch and skip commericals until caught up pause and repeat on other channel. It was great.

18. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Honestly I didn't. I haven't had it since I first got HD back in 2002 so 7 years without it trained me to not use it. I thought a couple times to use it but I just didn't see the need. I surf all over the place and have no desire to rewind a game.

Having said that, once my Bears are playing at 1pm I'll try and anchor the Bears on one tuner and then surf on the other and we'll see how it goes.

19. DBSNewbie

DBSNewbie Icon

Nov 3, 2007
    Tom and I have the same philosophy when it comes to watching football...

The more screens the better.

I had RZC on the center TV and had Game Mix and other games and sports (BMW Championship and the Dodger Game) on the five other TV's.

However, not once did I have the need to utilize DP. The RZC did a good job of showing pretty much what I "needed" to see. And if I had to go back to catch one of Tiger's shots, or any the Dodgers' pitiful performance today, or an NFL game I was following, I just hit rewind on the respective TV I had it on.

20. Tom Robertson

Nov 15, 2005
    Turns out, I had a completely other use for DP today. Our local NBC, KSL, went dark on HD! During the Packer Game!!!! (Thankfully DIRECTV opened up NBCeHD for us, whew!!)

So I used DP to switch between KSL SD and HD until 392 was opened up.

Then... We had a heavy thunderstorm. Moments of blips on 392. So more DP for a few more minutes.

Very glad it's back!!! :) :)