So, do I wait for the next SW update, or demand a new 622 now?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by JMikeF, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMikeF

JMikeF AllStar

May 2, 2003
    My 622 HDMI port died last week, after working perfectly since the 622 was installed April 1st. My first attempt to contact Dish was an exercise in frustration - but I should have hung up on the CSR instead of engaging in a shouting match about his 'lack of customer focus.' :soapbox:

Nevertheless, I'm trying to decide what to do:
    1) Keep calling until I get a CSR who is knowlegable about the ongoing issues of the problematic 622 and arrange for a replacement.
    2) Wait for the next SW download and see if it fixes the HDMI issue.

Your opinions are encouraged! :icon_band

2. dougmcbride

dougmcbride AllStar

Apr 17, 2005
    Did you talk to tech support? If not, try that option when calling.

3. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    I am in the same boat. Since I have component also hooked up, I decided to wait for the next update to see if it fixes the HDMI loss issues. If HDMI is not correct, at that point I will request an update. I figured at that point I can use the update did not fix my issue as leverage and for personal reasons I am intrigued if the update will actually fix this issue.

4. JMikeF

JMikeF AllStar

May 2, 2003
    Yes, I did! Even after I told him I was able to play a Sony PVR with a HDMI port using the same cable/input with no problem, he said it was not a 622 issue. :confused:

5. R_Childress

R_Childress AllStar

Jan 4, 2006
    My HDMI stopped working Friday, called and a new unit is on the way.

6. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf Legend

Aug 25, 2002
    Call and get a new one. Especially if it worked in the 1st place. My HDMI has been flawless. I have a Panasonic DLP. Apparently this set doesn't have an issue with the HDMI handshake and the 622. YMMV

7. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    It sure would be nice to know which TV sets are having this problem with the 622 HDMI handshake. I can tell you that (so far) I've had no HDMI issues at all with my Mitsubishi 62525 DLP or my Sony KD-30XS955.

8. dslate69

dslate69 Mentor

Apr 11, 2006
    There in lies the problem. The fact that my HDMI and other posters worked flawlessly for a month or more then stopped tells us it is not as simple as a TV compatibility issue.
    I personally am waiting for the next Software update to decide if I want to call for a swap out. It would also be nice if DISH came up with a migration path for current Timers and Recordings.

9. JMikeF

JMikeF AllStar

May 2, 2003
    Seems that the consensus is that a software upgrade will NOT fix the HDMI failure. So, I'll keep calling Dish until I can find a TECH who is knowlegable and will get me a new unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.