1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software download schedules

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TDK1044, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    So there I was last night, sitting in my living room watching a show that I had recorded on my 'Office' DVR the previous evening, when suddenly, the show stops and the message 'Office DVR has temporarily been removed from your Network' comes up.

I go straight to the office and turn on the DVR, and it's getting a software download from D*. What? At 8.30PM? Strange. Anyway, I let it finish its download and then I go back to my living room and resume watching the show. About 15 minutes later, the same message comes up again.

Once again I go back into the office, and sure enough the DVR is performing a second software download. The second download was faster than the first one, and thankfully that was the last download of the night.

Why would D* choose to download software at 8.30PM during peak time viewing rather than the early hours of the morning? What if that DVR had been recording something?

Am I missing something here, Guys?

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    People with HR24 models were downloaded 0x8000 around the time you stated.

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.