Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Earl Bonovich, Nov 3, 2006.
If any of the R-15 300s received the latest update pl pass along the version numbers!
Once I get the version numbers, I will pass them along
Nah. It doesn't happen very frequently, and I don't want to lose all my recordings. I just wanted to post that it's still occuring under 10F1.
I was talking about after a couple of hours. Some had reported that the tuners would time out after awhile of looking for a signal (so a really, really bad storm or something) and they had to reset to get it to see the tuners.
I think the question is:
'Can I or will I be able to set a series link to record only on a specific date, time and channel?'
-sort of like a one-touch manual record of a time slot...
Please don't ask them to put in 'More' stuff, they can't even get what they already have to work!
Being I am in NJ and probably wont get the update until after Thanksgiving has anyone noticed............
Are the channel banners colors fixed ?
Any noticeable speed increases ?
Is the progress bar sticking fixed (one of mine does it one doesn't) ?
Any faster reordering of the SL's ?
Any more or better guide info ?
Do you still have to use "THE" in the title search ?
Very true, that's been an intermittent problem for awhile like you said. I've never figured out why, I thought it was a stability issue but if it's still happening I'm not sure.
I don't really think there is a need for that. If they get the First Run/repeat logic working well enough and get a 30 rule in there too it should work pretty well. If conflicts are the issue you can always move the program around in the prioritizor till it's a good spot.
I've never seen a problem with this so I'm not sure if it's fixed or not.
Not that I've seen. Seems to take longer for MyVOD (now MyPlaylist) to appear. Usually 2-4 seconds. Just tried it from a MIX channel and it took 6 seconds to bring up MyPlaylist. I have 70% available. Going into a MIX channel it seems to take longer for the application to come up. MIX channel will come up but anywhere from 3-10 seconds before the yellow box appears and you can navigate. About 2-3 seconds to change channels. Scrolling through search results also seems slower to me. The guide may actually be a little faster.
I've never experienced this problem.
I think it's slower. With 12 SLs it take 5 seconds to move up or down one priority number.
Seems pretty much the same from what I can see. There are SLs that are now working with FR logic that were not working before (Mythbusters, American Chopper for a couple).
What about coming out of watching a MYVOD recording (after the delete/don't delete message) sometimes it comes right back and others times it takes a good while to come back and fill the screen with the MYVOD screen again.
About 6-8 seconds. That seems to be longer but I'm not really sure about that. LiveTV comes on within a second but still quite a while before MYPlayList reappears.
I got the update the day after it was released. It then proceeded to miss recordings. I could not even get it to record by pushing the record button. I finally did a complete clear and reset. It is now working fine. My hope is that it will now record FR properly and be stable (I know I'm asking a lot).
Which shows? What channel?
Where they individual selected records? Part of a Series Link?
Any chance they where repeats?
What did History say? Where they in the todo list prior?
Any chance that the same episode (from previously in the week), was on the hard drive?
The only reason that sucks is that you can't pause the live window untill the MyPlayList comes up. Really sucks if it's the show your going to watch.
Maybe just one of the drawback of having that live feed in the upper right hand window. Tivos would just immediately flip you back to NP.
A few of the missed recordings were SL's and they were FR programs that were missed (Windtunnel with Dave Dispain on Speed was one). The most problematic was the Bush and Nextel Cup races that I had set to record. The R-15 missed both of those. I did not look at the history so I can't answer that one. The missed items were in the To-Do list. After the original software update nothing was recorded to the hard drive that was a SL or anything I set manually to record.
It appears to be working now after the clear and reset.
Okay, I only had them unplugged for maybe 30 mins or so. I will try a 2 hour span this weekend.
the update hasn't reached me yet still waiting for it
As it works out, I can and am testing this right now. One tuner has been unplugged for about an hour now. I will re-hook it around 6 my time (total 2 hours without a signal) and plug it back in and post the results.
Results: I lost track of time, plugged it back in after being out approx. 2:20, did not time out, no reset required. Picked up the signal right away.