Some customers still get Limited or Select Choice?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Adam Richey, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    Hello. I was wondering if some customers that were grandfathered with the Limited Pack or the Select Choice still can get those or whether DirecTV doesn't even continue it PERIOD. Could somebody please let me know. Thanks.

2. BrettR

BrettR Legend

Apr 24, 2002
    Select Choice is available (a Total Choice subscriber can downgrade now to SC) but its not advertised. Limited Choice is not available for new activation at all. Select Choice is required for everything except NFL Ticket or Phoenix. But if you want locals or HBO you need atleast Select Choice. Grandfathered subs are the exception. I have the Total Choice Plus again, but I was with SC for 2 months in the summer.

DirecTV did this to boost revenue and cash flow:
    http://www.cableworld.com/archive/cableworld/2002/07/22/cwd02072202.shtml

All News Channel will be ceasing that was in Select Choice. Luckily PAX isnt leaving also.

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    This situation is confusing, to say the least :)

Question, if you have SC and the Sports Pak, will you get OLN, Speed and in a few day the outdoor channel, as part of the sports package subscription?

4. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    OLN and Speed are part of TC, not the Sports Pack.

5. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    They used to be in the sports pack only and around the same time that SC was dropped in advertising so was OLN and Speed in the sports pak. Of coarse no literature will have Speed and OLN included in the sports pak anymore since there no mention of SC.

6. Tanic

Tanic Cool Member

Apr 23, 2002
    What is the price for Select Choice? And is there a list of channels available?

I am grandfathered in for D* Limited so I can get HDNet, but they refused to add MLBEI last summer unless I upgraded to TC. So they lost my money.

7. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Select Choice is $24.99/month

On 101-
    A&E, BET, E!, The Health Network, HGTV, The History Channel, Sci-Fi, TBS, TNT, Trio, USA Network, Bloomberg, CNBC, CNN, CNN Headline News, Court TV, C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2, Fox News, MSNBC, The Weather Channel, ABC Family, Cartoon Network, The Discovery Channel, The Disney Channel East & West, The Learning Channel, Nickelodeon East & West, PAX, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNEWS, ESPN Classic, CMT, MTV, Much Music, TNN, VH-1, Daystar, The Church Channel, Trinity Broadcasting Network, Word Network, Home Shopping Network, QVC, Shop At Home, Shop NBC, PBS You, Worldlink

On 119-
    HD Net, Nasa TV, BYU TV, CCCTV 9, RFD TV

8. bryan27

bryan27 DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru

Apr 1, 2002
    I am Grandfathered and still have Locals, Limited & Family Pack. If I have to go higher I'll say goodbye to DBS altogether.

For $18.98 I get:

KDKA(CBS), WTAE(ABC), WPXI(NBC), WQED(PBS), WNPA(UPN), WCWB(WB), WPCB(REL), WPGH(FOX) (in December they will have to add channel 16 as it has been sold), DIY, SAH, HSN, Oxygen, SoapNet, Biography, History Int, Science, Civilization, Disc Kids, PBS Kids, Boomerang, Hallmark, QVC, VH1, VH1 Classic, C-Span, Bloomberg, Health, Direct Shop, Daystar, TBN, Word, WorldLink, PBS You, and the NFL Channel. If I had a 22kHz switch for 119 I would get NASA, BYU-TV, INSP-Life, RFD-TV, and CCTV-9.

IMHO 39 channels (soon to be 40) for $18.98 is a good deal. This is what I consider more choice. Smaller packages and you pick what packages you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.