1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Dish Network Questions!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Legend Killer, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Banned User

Dec 25, 2005
    I'm plannig to buy a dish network satellite in about a week and I have a couple of questions.
    here they are and please answer them!!.
    Should I buy a dish network satellite or is it possible to also rent a dish network satellite (if so then how much money do I have to pay monthly)? and
    If I get a sattelite will all of the channels like ppv channels movie channels etc come with it or would I have to order them or what and how much money do i pay monthly?
    and when they say you can pause live tv then how is that even possible and what's a dvr?
    Please answer these questions for me.

2. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    First, I think you're referring to a satellite dish. A satellite is a multi-million dollar piece of equipment orbiting 20,000+ miles from Earth. What you attach to your house is the dish. You will need a dish to receive the programming from the satellite. Then, you will need receivers to actually view the programming on your TVs. The dish is free with any standard installation and you can get standard receivers and standard DVR receivers free (for a total of a 4-room installation) as well. Every receiver (except the first one) has a $5.00/month fee attached to it. The free DVRs also have a $4.98/month DVR fee for each DVR unless you subscribe to the highest priced package (then, the DVR fees are waived).

Pretty much all of your questions including pricing can be answered at the DISH website. Instead of repeating it all, go here and read about the various offers.

3. Killer of Legend Killers

Killer of Legend Killers Banned User

Dec 25, 2005
    :)
    Listen up legend killer. Im the killer of legends and what your are talking about is taboo on this forum. Because you have violated the rules, I need your full name so I can forward this information to dish network so you can be dealt with accordingly. Thanks for becoming a member here. Have a nice day.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Why not check out BEV 1st? Its setup for Canadian residents anyway, whereas DISH is really only legally available to US residents....

5. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Ah yes. If he is in Canada, it is illegal. Although, it says "Canadian."

6. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    This one has gone far enough. Closing...

7. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Hello Evil Casperian, Hope you had a nice holiday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.